Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

STANDARD / DELUXE / PREMIUM -- thoughts?

Hi,

so there will be 3 published versions:

• STANDARD ($60)
  • DELUXE ($90)
  • PREMIUM ($120)

These versions differ by available planes and hand-crafted airports:

table2.jpg  

table1.jpg

So, I guess my question is – which version are you getting? Do you think that the premium versions are worth the content?

Let this be a discussion 🙂

• Like 3

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

If I was american I would probably get the Premium version, but sadly I'm Canadian, which means it's $159.

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

If I was american I would probably get the Premium version, but sadly I'm Canadian, which means it's $159.

But CAD, right? You can buy the same amount of stuff for 159 CAD as for 120 USD, so you're not making much sense 😄

When I buy it, it will be like 3 000 CZK for me. Doesn't mean that it's the same as 3 000 USD or CAD.

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

4 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

But CAD, right? You can buy the same amount of stuff for 159 CAD as for 120 USD

Up until like 8 or so years ago, things in CAD used to cost the same as USD, but then the economy tanked.

$50 game/sim in USD would also cost $50 in CAD

$159 is a lot. 

Edited by Tuskin38

3 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

But CAD, right? You can buy the same amount of stuff for 159 CAD as for 120 USD, so you're not making much sense 😄

When I buy it, it will be like 3 000 CZK for me. Doesn't mean that it's the same as 3 000 USD or CAD.

Nuh, it's not worth 3000 CZK, no way.  Tell Microsoft they're dreaming!

Though I have no idea what a CZK is.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

EDDF is in the premium only, so i think thats my way.

• Like 2

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Up until like 8 or so years ago, things in CAD used to cost the same as USD, but then the economy tanked.

$50 game/sim in USD would also cost $50 in CAD

$159 is a lot. 

Looking at a chart, it rather looks like that the economy tanked in your favor in 2003, then spiked in 2009 due to the worldwide crisis and then returned back to normal in 2014.

Your currency may be weaker but naturally you get more money than if the currency was stronger.

Well, nevermind, let's not get deep into this on Avsim 😄

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Nuh, it's not worth 3000 CZK, no way.  Tell Microsoft they're dreaming!

Though I have no idea what a CZK is.

That's my currency 😛 Czech Koruna. You get like 25 of those for every dollar.

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

Seems like doubling the price from Standard to Premium is a little excessive. I'll buy Premium though. 

• Like 1

So what do you get for your extra $30/50,000 CZK/whatever?

The airports looks great. I've spent money on four of the five for P3D, and the one I'm missing (Frankfurt) is very usuable:

Denver - Flightbeam
Dubai - Fly Tampa
Frankfurt - great airport, but I never bought the Aerosoft one.
Heathrow - Aerosoft
San Franscico - Fight beam

So they are airports that I spent around $90 on, on offer for $30.

I also like the idea of a 787 (I want the quality wings one, but I've never got around to buying it) and SR22 (I own a carenado Cirrus).

So for me, it's premium all the way. I've cheaped out MSFS before (FS9), and learned that it's best to just go out and buy the premium version from the start.

• Like 7

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

$159 is a lot. 

Reconsider when you say it's "a lot" It's going to be one of the most advanced sims in the world that you will have for years, which is about half the price of a C172 tire.

fuonsFo.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

So what do you get for your extra $30/50,000 CZK/whatever?

The airports looks great. I've spent money on four of the five for P3D, and the one I'm missing (Frankfurt) is very usuable:

Denver - Flightbeam
Dubai - Fly Tampa
Frankfurt - great airport, but I never bought the Aerosoft one.
Heathrow - Aerosoft
San Franscico - Fight beam

So they are airports that I spent around $90 on, on offer for $30.

I also like the idea of a 787 (I want the quality wings one, but I've never got around to buying it) and SR22 (I own a carenado Cirrus).

So for me, it's premium all the way. I've cheaped out MSFS before (FS9), and learned that it's best to just go out and buy the premium version from the start.

The question is - will these airports be the same quality as the ones you mentioned? 🙂

• Upvote 1

Tomáš Pokorný

I pre-ordered Premium! Can't wait!

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, FPStewy said:

Reconsider when you say it's "a lot" It's going to be one of the most advanced sims in the world that you will have for years, which is about half the price of a C172 tire.

fuonsFo.jpg

Comparing add-ons to real aviation is how I justify almost all my purchases. Compared to RW planes, everything in the sim seems cheap!

2 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

The question is - will these airports be the same quality as the ones you mentioned? 🙂

Good question. I think they're probably going to look a bit better in-sim (less shimmering, for example), and I think the complexity will satisfy me. However, this is just speculation, as I still haven't received that Alpha invitation (I think I am on a blacklist somewhere due to my involvement in the Occupy Redmond movement).

• Like 1

Oz

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

I pre-ordered Premium! Can't wait!

Are there any benefits if you pre-order?

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

Sooooooooo.........

Everyone gets to become a paying Beta tester?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5