Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Pre-Order Launch Trailer

The biggest surprise for me in this trailer, the Iberia livery. I guess that means we'll be getting some real world liveries in the final release

aGLIdor.png

• Like 1

The big surprise for me was the 787-10! Curious to see how the systems will be detailed.

• Like 1

What about the Super Cub and the Pitts?

Edit: It's a Savage Cub, apparently. 

Edited by dilore

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

21 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The biggest surprise for me in this trailer, the Iberia livery. I guess that means we'll be getting some real world liveries in the final release

aGLIdor.png

That Iberia livery was honestly the biggest surprise in the trailer for me, too. I think it's safe to assume there will be some included real liveries - now my question is, will the AI traffic have real liveries?

Edited by molleh

6 minutes ago, molleh said:

now my question is, will the AI traffic have real liveries?

I doubt all of them will due to licencing costs. I'm guessing just major ones? I dunno.

• Upvote 1

They did a really good job with the trailer! 
Cant wait for release!

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I liked the wing flex ... most of the time we'll be in the cockpit, not looking at the wings, but it's those kind of details that make it really cool.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

Anyone know what plane is shown at 28 seconds into the launch trailer?

50108841616_375e0fc98f_o.pngunknownplane by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Boy that trailer is breathtaking. 😵  To think where we have come this far (My first experience was FS4!), I did not think I would see that type of immersion in my lifetime.  I'll wait until it is out for a few weeks before I purchase.  Let others go through the trials and tribulations.  I find it hard to believe they went through five alphas and are going basically straight from alpha to release?  I was expecting a good six months for beta.  With such a platform shift in the way we sim I can't imagine some big hiccups.  But really looking forward to it.

Fair price in my opinion, nice to see no subscription cost but for me it will cost about $600 more year for the bandwidth so it's not cheap, at least for me.

• Like 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

16 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Boy that trailer is breathtaking. 😵  To think where we have come this far (My first experience was FS4!), I did not think I would see that type of immersion in my lifetime.  I'll wait until it is out for a few weeks before I purchase.  Let others go through the trials and tribulations.

Exactly my thoughts. I started with FS98 though, but still. Installed the good old boy on that old laptop just a few weeks ago to bring up some memories. Good times.

What an amazing appetizer. That water is phenomenal, (plus pretty much everything else). Also that heat effect. Might be me but I think it looks better in this shot than it did before. Quite convincing.

What I noted though:

• The NYC bridges around 0:55 still have some major problems (they are solid). Geez I would have hoped they could cope with these issues, especially in such a major city.
  • At 1:33 we can only hope this is a non-competent multiplayer guy and not AI. With that height at crossing the threshold he'd fail any check ride. Must have been four reds.
  • Same scene, still no tilting bogies. Hope this will get a fix before release.

What impressed me about the trailer is that for the most part the real time action capture was actually at 60 frames per second. Not just the video itself - but the frame rate too. I did notice that there were possibly some strategic "cuts" where it might have erred or perhaps headed for a stutter, but that is still very impressive, especially since these days (unlike the FSX days) we have monitors that will adaptively sync at lower and varying speeds.

I think it is safe to say even at this point that it will be the best running of any MSFS release ever so far in terms of its ability to run on contemporary equipment available at the time of initial release. Heck, its taken me all this time just to build a machine that runs FSX that well with all the massive addons needed to make it look (half) as good! 

Edited by JonP01

btw, does anyone know where the footage is taken at the beginning (with the Cub taking off overlooking a township). Maybe somewhere in Washington State?

7 minutes ago, JonP01 said:

btw, does anyone know where the footage is taken at the beginning (with the Cub taking off overlooking a township). Maybe somewhere in Washington State?

It’s in the comparison thread, I think it’s in Switzerland or Austria...