Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

What are you gonna do first when it's out?

16 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Screenshot this in default FSX and MFS 🤣 Anyone know where it is?

746680-931252_20060811_001.jpg

Can't wait for this new DirectX 10 thing, that looks amazing!

EDIT: Wait, you're telling that Microsoft Flight Simulator DirectX's now GO UP TO ELEVEN! Whoa! 😲

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Get in something tiny like the Icon.  To heck with flying over my house, I'm going to fly down the street to see how good Azure is.

I can't say much due to various NDAs - plus Microsoft has put out a restraining order against me after the whole "Occupy Redmond" thing - but I can promise you that the Icon in MSFS2020 is superb! In fact, on August 18th, you will all be starting your new MSFS experience with a very special mission - IN THE ICON! I won't give away any spoilers, except to say that you'll be flying it towards a yacht, and if you grease the water landing you get to go to a party!

That's all I can really say for now, though given that NDAs seem to have moved into the "optional" category in the past 24 hours, I'm going to leave you Icon fans with a screenshot that I took while flying the MSFS2020 Introductory Mission:

SWm40e4.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 3

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

No flying for me. I’ll be looking through the installation files to find out where the bears are hibernating.

Wait for the first airforceproud95 video showing crazy fliers rolling 747's, ect

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Checking the flamingos have wing flex...

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

I can't say much due to various NDAs

What’s your settings and hardware? Maybe it’s just the screenshot but the cockpit and water don’t look as good as I’ve seen.

25 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

What’s your settings and hardware? Maybe it’s just the screenshot but the cockpit and water don’t look as good as I’ve seen.

Hardware:

i9900K, overclocked to the max. 2080Ti. And, as per previous posts, I fly with sliders full right.

Scenario:

Wedding yacht mission. “Your first water landing...and a party!”

I am shocked, indeed flabbergasted, that you are unimpressed with the graphical quality of my Icon screenshot.

😊

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

3 hours ago, badderjet said:

go to Chicago (the cut being as CGX isn't around anymore

I will buy the addon for CGX for MSFS just like I did for FSX:SE. 

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Fly some lazy 8’s over LM and LR’s headquarters with a smile on my face.

🙂 

• Like 1

What will I do when MFS is released? Keep flying P3D until the dust settles and the forum jury verdict is in.......

Then after thoroughly reviewing the new Avsim MFS CTD (good foresight Charlie!) and Whiners forums, I'll install it and immediately start tweaking. :ph34r::laugh:

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I can't say much due to various NDAs - plus Microsoft has put out a restraining order against me after the whole "Occupy Redmond" thing - but I can promise you that the Icon in MSFS2020 is superb! In fact, on August 18th, you will all be starting your new MSFS experience with a very special mission - IN THE ICON! I won't give away any spoilers, except to say that you'll be flying it towards a yacht, and if you grease the water landing you get to go to a party!

That's all I can really say for now, though given that NDAs seem to have moved into the "optional" category in the past 24 hours, I'm going to leave you Icon fans with a screenshot that I took while flying the MSFS2020 Introductory Mission:

SWm40e4.jpg

Cheers!

That's exactly what you had to do with Flight...

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

18 hours ago, rtodepart said:

Why do I think there’s plenty of people reading this wishing the worst experiences for everyone on day one ???? If you’re not happy please stay away from positive people.

Just a wild guess, but it might have something to do with the P3D haters posting about MSFS in the P3D forums for the last year about what rubbish P3D is and how perfect MSFS is going to be. But that’s just a guess. 

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Hardware:

i9900K, overclocked to the max. 2080Ti. And, as per previous posts, I fly with sliders full right.

Scenario:

Wedding yacht mission. “Your first water landing...and a party!”

I am shocked, indeed flabbergasted, that you are unimpressed with the graphical quality of my Icon screenshot.

😊

I think the penny has just dropped.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

SWm40e4.jpg

Cheers!

Interesting, I haven't seen MS Asobo share any Icon user screenshots.

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

That's exactly what you had to do with Flight...

Yep, he posted a pic from Flight, pretty funny honestly!

Truthfully though the Icon is the plane I want to fly the most in MFS.  I love flying amphibians in bush flying territory, searching for isolated lakes and landing in them!

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 2