Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

What are you gonna do first when it's out?

7 minutes ago, Mengy said:

Yep, he posted a pic from Flight, pretty funny honestly!

Truthfully though the Icon is the plane I want to fly the most in MFS.  I love flying amphibians in bush flying territory, searching for isolated lakes and landing in them!

You prefer the Icon, even over the Premium Deluxe 787??

RwvU9zl.jpg

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

22 hours ago, Thomasso said:

The title should be self explanatory 🙂.

I will do an around the world tour in the TBM 930! Starting from my home airport LKTB, going east and returning back from the west 🙂

First thing I will probably do is see if I can import the FS 2004 Wright Flyer or Curtiss-Jenny into the new sim. I love to tinker with MS flight sims.

36 minutes ago, Mengy said:

Yep, he posted a pic from Flight, pretty funny honestly!

Truthfully though the Icon is the plane I want to fly the most in MFS.  I love flying amphibians in bush flying territory, searching for isolated lakes and landing in them!

Yes, I read it from my work computer which didn't show me the pic, so I didn't know it was in jest.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

39 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

It's kinda hard to land that on a small lake. 😄 

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

2 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

That's exactly what you had to do with Flight...

For those who haven't caught on yet, that screenshot is from Flight. He just faked the "watermarks..." 🎨

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

32 minutes ago, n4gix said:

For those who haven't caught on yet, that screenshot is from Flight. He just faked the "watermarks..." 🎨

Possibly, Bill, possibly. Though if memory serves me correctly, there was less snow in Hawaii - even in winter - on that wedding yacht mission. 😉 

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

FAKE news! 🙂 

Edited by carmined
  • Like 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

21 minutes ago, carmined said:

Nice try with the overlay from a Flight! screen grab and adding Your ID: OzWhitey in Photoshop! 🙂  Anyone else interested to know this is NOT from the upcoming version!

Well, part of it is from the upcoming version, and other parts of it - not so much. You can decide which is which. 😉

As for the backstory - it is possible that MS thought - "Hmmm...Let's try and recapture the glory of Flight. A product that lives fondly in our memory, just like Windows Me, IE 6 and Microsoft Bob. So...Wedding Yacht Mission v2 it is!". 

Edit: For any of the 2013 kids who are getting nostalgic for that MS Flight mission, here's a video to bring back the memories: 

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

huey1177.gif

I'm going on a VFR flight departing from Telluride Regional (TEX) in the Bonanza G36, flying around the area for an hour, and landing back at the airport.

6 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

I will buy the addon for CGX for MSFS just like I did for FSX:SE. 

Nice. I hope there will be one for MSFS. Since I stopped at FSX and that was years ago, and skipped the entire P3D era, I don’t know how that add-on is (although I’m pretty sure I know which one you mean), but if it’ll be available I totally need it. Just for the memories.

• Like 1

Do a lot of short flights in the part of the world where I live (Southeast Asia) to see how it looks in the new sim. So a lot of hops around Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan etc.

• Like 1

Fly past my house as slowly as possible, peer through my window and see if I can see myself flying a plane on my PC.

Meanwhile, I'll be looking out of my window to see if I spot my plane flying past. 😊

(No, I'm not stupid enough to think any of the above is possible!)

• Like 3

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Takeoff from KPWK, fly the Chicago VFR skyway past my apartment and land at 1C5.

Flight I've done a bunch in real life and it's always my first one in a new sim.

Edited by DiscoSweat