Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

MS Flight all over again?

I am sure that you will be fine taking your pc to someone else’s house. After all, you can use this on a laptop when travelling.

it’s linked to your ms account. Set up MS authenticator on your phone, no problems.

Having said that, i note that some of the people who are the most overkeen on this sim seem to have dodgy interent. MSFS is clearly designed to be used with broadband, i think those with no or slow internet are going to find this tricky.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Which sums up precisely why I never have, and never will, participate in any form of "online gaming..."

You and me both. Every once in awhile I break that policy and try an online game, and regret it within a few hours of gameplay at most. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more permabans in the online gaming world, honestly.

I believe Jean Luc to be the voice of reason, the Dr Fauci of Flight Simming. You can believe everything is a Conspiracy theory or a reasonable, knowledgeable voice of reason. I'll take the voice of reason and Knowledge.

• Like 1

Maybe take this to the Microsoft Conspiracy Forum? 

Use the size of your tin foil hat as login. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

So say I buy MSFS2020 on release day and buy a new PC 6 months later, do I need to buy a new license if I uninstall the SIM from the old PC? 

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

Yes you have to!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Yes you have to!

Do you have any evidence of that? It doesn’t work like that on consoles. 

Really guys, you get the game thru Gamepass, You will be able to reinstall it, obviously & it will run on 1 PC only.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

3 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Really guys, you get the game thru Gamepass, You will be able to reinstall it, obviously & it will run on 1 PC only.

Thats not what you said though. 

• Upvote 1

A joke is a display of humour in which words are used within a specific and well-defined narrative structure (to make people laugh) and is not meant to be taken seriously. 

It is really a bit of common sense, & I saw an opening... 

Edited by Wobbie
  • Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

30 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

1 PC only, but if you uninstall it from first PC, you can use it on new PC.

8 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

A joke is a display of humour in which words are used within a specific and well-defined narrative structure (to make people laugh) and is not meant to be taken seriously. 

It is really a bit of common sense, & I saw an opening... 

Maybe if you are going to joke, do it in a way that the majority of people will understand or find funny. As it stands, you just posted incorrect information to a poster who obviously didn't know. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

1 PC only, but if you uninstall it from first PC, you can use it on new PC.

In my opinion this is not correct, it "appears" that FSXX is/will be linked to your MS account and that you must have your PC linked and that FSXX will be linked to that device, so let's say you have a total PC crash and you set up a new PC you can through your account, unlink your old PC and re-link it to the new PC and the license will follow. Unlike other sims you won't need to uninstall to to free up the license. In my opinion even though you might have several devices linked to your account, FSXX will be linked to only one device.

Pure speculation but that's what it looks like.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

i have the gamepass abo and i can install games from the gamepass on multiple pcs. I dont think, ms would change that politic. 

Buying through Windows store may be different though. I dont buy games on windows store usually, so i can not speak for games, but all the apps i bought in windows store (not many) can be installed on more than one pc if i recall correctly. only MS Office works different and has a limtited number of licenses. I can simply switch off a license for one pc and activate on another.  

But i dont even think, they will go that route. I think (pure speculation, but reasoned speculation) tyou will have to buy through store (or get gamepass). MSFS will be linked to your MS Account and and you will be able to install on as many pcs as you want, as long as you logged into your ms account with that pc. Why do i think that? 

Well because its common practice in game industry now. we dont live in the 90s no more. Every single game launcher software, that i know (and i literally know all of them: Steam, Uplay, EA Origin, Epic, GoG and so on) works exactly that way. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

In my opinion this is not correct, it "appears" that FSXX is/will be linked to your MS account and that you must have your PC linked and that FSXX will be linked to that device, so let's say you have a total PC crash and you set up a new PC you can through your account, unlink your old PC and re-link it to the new PC and the license will follow. Unlike other sims you won't need to uninstall to to free up the license. In my opinion even though you might have several devices linked to your account, FSXX will be linked to only one device.

Pure speculation but that's what it looks like.

If you insist on your own naming convention,You can also use  FSMMXX or FS08 0r FSVIII (FS_August) as they are more appropriate. You can also use FS10100 if you like, (thats binary of 20.)

Of course  the Klingon FScha’maH is valid. As is FSdah-leh - that's Vulcan. 

'shrug!' 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...