Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

MS Flight all over again?

As I preordered my copy of MS FS2020, I was reminded of why I disliked MS Flight.

During the preorder process, the ordering window threw up an error condition, complaining that I did not have a device linked to my account.

No way forward from there, the only way out was to cancel.

As it turns out, the order was accepted regardless.. heaven only knows what hoops I will have to jump through when the product becomes available in August.

I did go to my account settings afterwards, but attempting to link my PC, would require me to change my PC settings, which I am not prepared to do.

So I thought that I would provide some feedback to MS, but not only do they need my gamer tag, but also the Build Number "Which can found at the top left of your screen"...  I entered 99999 in desperation..

"Memories of MS Flight" for sure..  😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

Luckily the people that make the shopping cart probably aren’t involved in the sim development 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think the real question is why one would want to preorder the sim at this point. There's no preorder bonuses, and very little is known about the quality at release. I just don't see any need to preorder. This isn't some indie game studio that needs every penny up front, we're talking about Microsoft here.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Well, I did try and get an Occupy Redmond v2 protest going, just like back in the MS Flight days, Bert. No luck there - Avsim mods did not seem fully supportive of the idea - but perhaps if we appoint you leader of the movement, we can at least get the shopping cart sorted.

Also, can I vote that the second point of our platform be the removal of the Icon A5, that is also triggering some painful MS Flight memories for me - ugh, let's hope MSFS does not start with an Icon A5/Wedding Yacht Mission!

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I think the real question is why one would want to preorder the sim at this point. There's no preorder bonuses, and very little is know about the quality at release. I just don't see any need to preorder. This is isn't some indie game studio that needs every penny up front, we're talking about Microsoft here.

Imagine if everyone thought like that and held on to their money until the game is launched and reviewed. Perhaps we would not get so many terrible launches of unfinished products anymore.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

As I preordered my copy of MS FS2020, i was reminded of why I disliked MS Flight.

During the preorder process, the ordering window threw up an error condition, complaining that I did not have a device linked to my account.

No way forward from there, the only way out was to cancel.

As it turns out, the order was accepted regardless.. heaven only knows what hoops I will have to jump through when the product becomes available in August.

I did go to my account settings afterwards, but attempting to link my PC, would require me to change my PC settings, which I am not prepared to do.

So I thought that I would provide some feedback to MS, but not only do they need my gamer tag, but also the Build Number "Which can found at the top left of your screen"...  I entered 99999 in desperation..

I also got the same error.. I thought I’d fix it at a later date not thinking much of it... when you say change your PC settings what do you mean exactly Bert?

I *think* you have to add your windows account to your pc. Can be done in settings > accounts or something like that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

I *think* you have to add your windows account to your pc. Can be done in settings > accounts or something like that. 

Ah ok I’ll check that.. strange though because when I went to the devices in my MS account my PC is listed.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

That is exactly what I am trying to avoid..

https://community.windows.com/en-us/stories/everything-you-need-to-know-about-microsoft-accounts

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

27 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

i was reminded of why I disliked MS Flight.

Yes that "MS Flight" really messed up everything, I thought it was the company that did that, but apparently according to you it was "MS Flight"!

My bad. :angry: :wink:

huey1177.gif

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Here's the problem Bert, if you don't link your PC to your account, the only way to recover your W10 license would be if you have the physical box license, (even then I'm not sure) and forget the free W10 upgrade that was only OEM. However if you do link your Account to your PC and you have a total unrecoverable PC crash you can still through your account digitally unlink the dead PC and relink it to your new PC. So it's kinda critical that you link your PC to your account. Unless of course you have $ to burn and don't care about repurchasing a new license.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I ran into the very same issue, the error. All I had to do was to press the circular refresh link and the process started again and this time completed. Now I have an icon on my Windows 10 task bar, a "play" icon all ready to go. I press it and it tells me that I'm a bit too early yet. It's all pre-installed. I must say that there is no indication when you get the error that refreshing your process is the cure. In that manner, this is old school frustration. Hope this works for anyone with the same post-order problem.

Randy J

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

How do Iink my account to my Desktop PC as well as my Laptop?

The pre purchased FS 2020 that I ordered is only going to be installed on my Desktop pc not my laptop PC.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, united001 said:

I ran into the very same issue, the error. All I had to do was to press the circular refresh link and the process started again and this time completed. Now I have an icon on my Windows 10 task bar, a "play" icon all ready to go. I press it and it tells me that I'm a bit too early yet. It's all pre-installed. I must say that there is no indication when you get the error that refreshing your process is the cure. In that manner, this is old school frustration. Hope this works for anyone with the same post-order problem.

Randy J

That did not happen in my case, and I have not been able to figure out how to do this.. 🙃

Bert