Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

We need some more clarity here

I’m just as excited as you all and in the queue to pay for the premium deluxe, but since this announcement caught us all off-guard, I can’t help but have a few concerning questions looming in my mind. 

Why is Microsoft rushing the release and running Beta for only two weeks? Seems counterproductive when they’re running Alpha for months and then having the Beta for less than half a month. 

What’s the point of pre-ordering when you aren’t getting any perks? Will the price be different after August 18?

Why were many aircraft from the list not available to the Alpha users. The 787 for instance. I love that it’s included as a base aircraft, but what is its quality like? How does it fly? Was it’s testing limited to only real-world pilots?

Can we have some more detailed comparisons of the premium vs non-premium version of the airports so we know what exactly we’re paying for?

And many more..

Hoping the execs from Microsoft could shed a little more light on this since we’re nearing release.

Also, huge congratulations!

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 7

I want to know what the “in app purchases” are that is mentioned in the fine print.

Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

13 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

I want to know what the “in app purchases” are that is mentioned in the fine print.

My guess is it’s for DLC in the previously showcased Sim Marketplace tab, but any official word on this would be nice. 

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 6

I agree, the hype is getting a bit disconcerting today. With only about a month to release, I guess the game might be pretty unpolished in some aspects.

My guess is they realized that outsourcing the testing to paying customers won't hurt their overall sales at this point, and with the amount of people rushing out and "preordering" today (when there's hardly any reason for that), they were probably right about that.

• Like 2

The beta probably isnt to test the game for glitches but to test how well the game will handle the throttling on the release date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heli said:

The beta probably isnt to test the game for glitches but to test how well the game will handle the throttling on the release date.

And maybe to have those content creators release their creations to increase preorders?

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

Looking at the last patch notes it gives an impression of a very in-progress game to me. I guess it's big crunch time at Asobo Studios right now or otherwise there'll be lots of unpolished stuff in the release version...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I’m just as excited as you all and in the queue to pay for the premium deluxe, but since this announcement caught us all off-guard, I can’t help but have a few concerning questions looming in my mind. 

Why is Microsoft rushing the release and  running Beta for only two weeks? Seems counterproductive when they’re  running Alpha for months and then having the Beta for less than half a month. 

What’s the point of pre-ordering when you aren’t getting any perks? Will the price be different after August 18?

Why were many aircraft from the list not available to the Alpha users. The 787 for instance. I love that it’s included as a base aircraft, but what is its quality like? How does it fly? Was it’s testing limited to only real-world pilots?

Can we have some more detailed comparisons of the premium vs non-premium version of the airports so we know what exactly we’re paying for?

And many more..

Hoping the execs from Microsoft could shed a little more light on this since we’re nearing release.

I feel the same way...

Also:

- Don't appreciate the shopping experience on offer (since i dont own an xbox and there's no clear indication of which platform I'd be pre-purchasing for).

- Don't understand if it's really worth me spending double the money to get 2-3 more aircraft (the other extras I have no interest in) of which there is no indication to what level of quality they were developed to, as of yet.

- as already stated, Don't understand why release is coming during the beta cycle, and why is there no consumer incentive to do so either via discount or extra content?

With everything considered I walked away from the pre sales pages, a bit bewildered, but at least feeling a tad wiser and remaining in control. I'm in no rush and will wait a couple months yet until I have a much better indication of aircraft and flight quality before deciding upon which version to get.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

Why is Microsoft rushing the release and running Beta for only two weeks? Seems counterproductive when they’re running Alpha for months and then having the Beta for less than half a month. 

And many more..

Well, in the not to distant future you will be able to judge for yourself.........................Trust me, you will not be dissapointed.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

39 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I can’t help but have a few concerning questions looming in my mind. Why is Microsoft rushing the release and running Beta for only two weeks?

But here's the thing, no one is forcing anyone to buy it, just stand back and watch the reviews and YT flights pile in, there will be tons of them.

and why do you think they are rushing, it's probably been in the works for six years "according to some" and decided to test it for the last 12 months before release. Just like other sims there will probably be hot fixes and updates galore.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I think that there is misconception about what a "beta" is. There is no definition. A "beta" is whatever the creators say it is. It has no lengthy of time, nor expectation. MSFS 2020 will never be "finished" to satisfy everyone, so release it and let's get on with a massive pay-per-player "beta" release and let the creators clean up the problems on the fly. 

Randy J

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

All of my fav. console games have hot fixes galore for months and years. These programs are too large to beta fix everything or we'd never see the product released.

Randy J

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

There is no point in pre ordering. There is a way you can buy it cheaper : get first month of game pass for 1$, you will get a 10% reduction on your purchases. It means you can pay 108$ (+1$ game pass) instead of 120$ using this trick

Plus you will be able to test the standard edition before buying only for 1$

Edited by cepact
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

The marketplace tab seen in screenshots/videos of the main menu.

Probably where third party devs can sell their work.

Edited by Tuskin38

55 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

Cosmetic items (cockpit deco, liveries), classic addons (scenery, aircraft), probably also buying and selling of items between users ... and MS takes a cut on everything of course.

Which is fine, if it finances all the content by the ones willing to spend money.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved