Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

We need some more clarity here

10 hours ago, mdreyer said:

Whilst I trust Microsoft with regard to pre-purchase money, I am having trouble with the permissions of the app:

"Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs, and registry: The app has the ability to read or write to all your files (including documents, pictures, and music) and registry settings, which allows the app to make changes to your computer and settings. It can use any peripheral devices that are either attached or part of your device (such as cameras, microphones, or printers) without notifying you. It also has access to your location, and can use platform features, such as  location history, app diagnostics, and more, which are denied to most Store apps. You can't control most of the permissions for this app in Settings > Privacy. Note that while the app has the ability to access these resources, it might not actually do so. For more info about what the app collects or uses, review the privacy policy of the developer.

Account Info: Access any of your account info.

Allow elevation: Allows the app to run with administrator privileges without prompting the user first.

App diagnostics: Get diagnostic information about other running apps.

Bluetooth: Activate and use any Bluetooth connections between your device and other devices.

Calendar: Access your calendars.

Call history: Access history of phone calls you made on the device, in Skype or other telephony apps.

Contacts: Access your contacts, people, or address book apps.

Custom install actions: Install additional software.

Email: Access your email and account info for your email accounts.

Facial recognition: Activate and use any facial recognition hardware.

File system: Access the files and folders to which you have access and read or write to all your files (including documents, pictures, and music).

Fingerprint reader: Activate and use any fingerprint reader hardware.

Local system services: Install a service on the machine that runs with maximum privileges. 

Location: Activate and use the GPS or other location-finding features on your device. Access location data in Maps and other location apps.

Messaging: Access your instant messages and account info.

Microphone: Activate and use the microphone on your device. 

Modifiable app: Enable the user to modify the app.

Motion: Activate and use the accelerometer or other motion-sensing feature on your device. 

Music library: Access any music files from the Music library on your device.

Near field communications: Activate and use any near field communications (NFC) connections between your device and other devices.

Notifications: Access your notifications, found in action center.

Packaged services: Install a service on the machine.

Package write redirect compatability shim: Allows the app to create, modify or delete files in the app’s install folder.

Pictures library: Access any picture files from the Pictures library on your device.

Tasks: Access your task list in Outlook and other task-tracking apps.

Unvirtualized resources: Write registry entries and files that are not cleaned up on uninstall.

Video library: Access any video files from the Video library on your device.

Voice recognition: Activate and use any voice recognition hardware.

Webcam: Activate and use the camera on your device. 

WiFi: Activate and use WiFi connections between your device, the internet, and other devices.

Wired connections: Activate and use any wired connections, including Ethernet, USB, and Serial communications between your device, the internet, and other devices."

Most of this has nothing to do with using the simulator itself.

Not really good is it ??

bit of an intrusion of privacy

15 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

Looking at the last patch notes it gives an impression of a very in-progress game to me. I guess it's big crunch time at Asobo Studios right now or otherwise there'll be lots of unpolished stuff in the release version...

There will be! As you've mentioned on reddit, this seems like a management decision. There should've been additional 2, 3 months of bug fixing I guess.

That being said - it will be released with some drama, but I can see the game it can be. So I stay calm and enjoy what works or wait, using my current sim. Too much drama.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 minutes ago, tweekz said:

There will be! As you've mentioned on reddit, this seems like a management decision. There should've been additional 2, 3 months of bug fixing I guess.

That being said - it will be released with some drama, but I can see the game it can be. So I stay calm and enjoy what works or wait, using my current sim. Too much drama.

Hopefully nothing too bad for it to have effect on people's long term trust towards the product. MSFS launch would be such a good opportunity to get more people into flight simming hobby.

2 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Hopefully nothing too bad for it to have effect on people's long term trust towards the product. MSFS launch would be such a good opportunity to get more people into flight simming hobby.

That's actually my biggest concern. The guys in the suits could ruin the reputation of a technological revolution by their greediness.

• Upvote 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

I'm holding of for the streaming version that Asobo talked about in the XO19 interview

All the ground textures are streamed from the internet. That is what they were talking about. This is the streaming version.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Yeah, I agree with you Robert. Although Microsoft has many faults, I trust them with my pre-purchase money. I don't believe for a second that they will scam me out of my money. That said, I don't normally pre-order anything unless it has a bonus that I'm interested in. MS2020 has been the exception to that rule for the first time in years. "Shut up and take my money" 😄

You don't really have to "trust" them.  They don't charge your account until the product is about ready to release. Since I'll be buying it anyway, what difference does it make.

I would rather have them confident that this will be a BIG seller 😁

• Like 2

Sweet lord. Nobody is holding a gun to your head demanding you buy and intall this entertainment title. Several people will live stream it, and you can see for yourself if its what your want to buy. So many snowflakes.. its a blizzard all of a sudden.

Edited by daelight

6 hours ago, daelight said:

Sweet lord. Nobody is holding a gun to your head demanding you buy and intall this entertainment title. Several people will live stream it, and you can see for yourself if its what your want to buy. So many snowflakes.. its a blizzard all of a sudden.

So I'm a snowflake for being a cautious buyer and asking for more info from Microsoft to make an informed purchase decision?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, daelight said:

So many snowflakes.. its a blizzard all of a sudden.

Yes.. But they're all out in the real POLITICAL world causing merry havoc to all our detriment, and not in here discussing flight sims... :dry:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

5 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

So I'm a snowflake for being a cautious buyer and asking for more info from Microsoft to make an informed purchase decision?

Sure, why not? 😄  And I'm a snowflake for waiting for people's comments after release.  I've been called worse. 🙂 

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

On 7/14/2020 at 10:58 AM, lambourne said:

Edited list from the original post - most of these indeed have nothing to do with the simulator (or ought to have nothing to do with it). Much as we all love Asobo, I'm not sure I want them to be running facial recognition over my webcam...🤨

At least for facial recognition, fingerprint readers and voice recognition, you may find that you have to log into an Xbox account and you may be able to use facial recognition or fingerprint scanners instead of inputting your password like is possible on Apple devices and the voice recognition could have Cortana integration.

But I do completely get you. Most do sound very unnecessary. There is probably a tiny reason behind it but still!

1 hour ago, jack172 said:

and the voice recognition could have Cortana integration.

"Cortana, purchase 600 gallons of fuel."  What could go wrong? 😄

Voice recognition could be used with ATC.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Hopefully she would error-trap you by asking what type of fuel..... should be fine :wink: Then again you mind have to deal with her adding whatever taxes and exchanges rates apply to the country the simmer is registered in, or worse still, "I'm sorry, but due to ongoing economic sanctions I cannot comply with your request" so you can't afford to fuel up your jet, or are not allowed to...  MSFS - as real as it gets! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)