Sign in to follow this  
RobertRent

Access to FS2020 PC beta for $1???

Am I wrong?

It appears as though those with an X-Box Game Pass for PC will have access to the FS2020 Beta, and that a PC Game Pass is now available for $1 for the first month and $5 a month thereafter with a 'cancel anytime' policy? 

What's not to like - a month's worth of FS2020 Beta for a buck?!!!

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

Unlimited access to over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10. Join to get your first month for $1, then a limited time price of $4.99 a month thereafter.*

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?&OCID=AID2100218_SEM_XwzlwwAABY04GZhK:20200714014408:s&msclkid=823463c4feab1d6111073cc9f44999c7&ef_id=XwzlwwAABY04GZhK:20200714014408:s

Edited by RobertRent
Add URL
  • Like 1

"Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)" refers to the beta status of the Xbox Game Pass subscription for PCs, not the sim.

Man, I wonder how many times were going to have to go over this explanation that it’s the Game Pass for PC is beta and not the sim.

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Man, I wonder how many times were going to have to go over this explanation that it’s the Game Pass for PC is beta and not the sim.

Wait, I thought I pre-ordered the XBOX version!?!? 😆

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

6 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Perhaps something could be pinned to the top of the forum? This certainly won’t be the last time.

3 minutes ago, goates said:

Perhaps something could be pinned to the top of the forum? This certainly won’t be the last time.

Not a bad idea. Maybe I’ll make a post regarding this and pin it.

• Like 1

You are correct. Game pass for PC is only $1 your first month. Which means you can pay $1 and play this sim for an entire month, then $5 for each month after that. Pretty good deal. Not sure if the gamepass will come with all the premium aircraft and airports. Probably just the standard ones.

Thanks to all who responded.  Here is the Microsoft announcement that led to my post:

Microsoft Flight Simulator Set for Launch on August 18 for PC, also with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

Start preparing for take-off. Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio are thrilled to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18, and you can pre-order on Windows 10* or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/13/microsoft-flight-simulator-launch-date-announcement/

15 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Its coming to gamepass and standalone August 18th. So yeah, anyone can play for $1 on gamepass.

8 minutes ago, Jerad said:

Its coming to gamepass and standalone August 18th. So yeah, anyone can play for $1 on gamepass.

That’s not what we’re discussing. What people are getting confused on is they think they are getting a beta version of the sim.

See the quote below where Robert thinks he getting FS2020 beta.

53 minutes ago, RobertRent said:

Am I wrong?

will have access to the FS2020 Beta, 

What's not to like - a month's worth of FS2020 Beta for a buck?!!!

Someone needs to pin a topic ASAP saying that the Xbox (beta) is completely unrelated to the simulator. I saw something on reddit about this too. No need for people to spend money on this thinking they're getting the sim early

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

That’s not what we’re discussing. What people are getting confused on is they think they are getting a beta version of the sim.

See the quote below where Robert thinks he getting FS2020 beta.

OHHHhhh lol. I see what you mean now. So he thinks there is a payed beta for $1 if he gets gamepass. 

8 minutes ago, Jerad said:

OHHHhhh lol. I see what you mean now. So he thinks there is a payed beta for $1 if he gets gamepass. 

Yes, that’s the sudden misconception that seems to be going around. They’re confusing the Game Pass for PC that’s beta thinking it’s the sim that is being released in beta.

Anyway, the OP’s question has been answered so I’m going to close this one out rather than have it go in circles.

• Like 1