Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Orbx announcement (hint : good news)

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/197150-orbx-and-microsoft-flight-simulator/

We have Aerosoft onboard, we have Orbx onboard who’s next ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Has JV left?

Hes the CPO as I understand and on the board.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

PMDG onboard also! So far all the big boys of the 3PD are onboard for MSFS! The day I've been waiting for! I hope QualityWings and FSLabs, A2A, come on board as well! And for the Airport devs, I hope to see Flightbeam, FSDT, FlyTampa, Aerosoft, Taxi2Gate, PacSim, etc as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just Flight are advertising MSFS and Microsoft show them as onboard Dev.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

This is great news. I knew that ORBX was going to be able to profit from porting their airports to the new sim. I wish them the best of luck.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

All around good news, I am sure all of the 3PD will be on board as MFS becomes the default sim for most people.  The reality is this will take time so expect 2 years of new releases for MFS until all of the fav addons are available....just in time for their next release.  I will be keeping P3D v5 until everything is available in MFS.  (by the MFS is the best short form...it is the name Microsoft Flight Simulator...and Microsoft should be shortened to M rather than MS..easier to type).

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Very good news indeed!

Imagine the quality with the new technology when default already looks decent.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

9 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Very good news indeed!

Imagine the quality with the new technology when default already looks decent.

I expect add-on makers will be more than happy, after the odd previous year. MS will make this a major title with sales number way above our present sims, notably attracting new users, after the first issues - which certainly will be there - have been ironed out. This will make add-on development much more profitable and enable projects (planes as well as airports) which just didn't pay off previously.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Hes the CPO as I understand and on the board.

Since ORBx is a third party addon developer, does that technically make him C3PO? :biggrin:

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

I expect add-on makers will be more than happy, after the odd previous year. MS will make this a major title with sales number way above our present sims, notably attracting new users, after the first issues - which certainly will be there - have been ironed out. This will make add-on development much more profitable and enable projects (planes as well as airports) which just didn't pay off previously.

Kind regards, Michael

Fully agree.

The only thing that could lessen this effect, is a disastrous release which could ruin its reputation permanently. Fingers crossed.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

So many devs onboard, great news. 2022 will be a nice year.

No, no typo.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Agreed, no surprise here.  I’m sure their focus will shift to airports but I think we all expected them to be part of this.

What would truly be a pleasant surprise would be an announcement that they won’t be charging full price for airports that we already own in P3D.  I have no problem paying an upgrade fee for the work needed to port it over, but I have a big problem paying full price for something that is not a completely new product, ie paying for some work twice.  I stopped buying x-plane sceneries from them when they changed their policies around this.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

17 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Why everyone seems surprised by this? Wasn't that pretty obvious? I mean who won't be on board?

Of course it was obvious, even indeed pretty obvious. We are not surprised, we are happy😁.  I am afraid you've not followed the whole movie from the start 😄. Some P3D mercenaries have repeatedly campaigned on these forums, for a year, saying that FS20 wouldn't have  any addon because of no SDK, then poor SDK then crappy software development platform and so and so forth.  And if we were lucky enough to have  anything, we would have to wait three years at least to get it.  As a footnote, the same have been telling that the new sim wouldn't be released  at best before 2021 maybe 2022. You can trust them.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique