Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

P3Dv4.5 Addons Greyed Out

Maybe someone can help. I refer to one particular scenery which fails to load properly, but there is a general issue I think.

First, I run Orbx FTX. The insertion point for UK2000 Belfast Xtreme is above the Orbx FTX folders. All the addon sceneries are above the Orbx folders.

In P3Dv4.5 many of my addon sceneries live in a place called ...\Documents\P3D v4 Addons, including Belfast Xtreme. Here, the file is described in .xml code.

The same scenery also appears in F:\Lockheed Martin\P3D v4\Addon Scenery where it contains the usual folders.

When I try to disable or edit the scenery from the Scenery Library, I cannot, as it, along with all the other addons is greyed out. Only the Orbx folders are not greyed out! This is exactly the opposite to what other contributors have found on this board. 

What does all this mean? How can I fix it? 

I'd be grateful for advice.

Supporter.png

John

They are added to the sim via .xml method, you can't edit them with P3Ds scenery library.

You can use Lorby's addon editor for that.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Delete the addon.xml for UK2000 Belfast Xtreme (someone else will have to tell you where that is), delete the entry for this airport in the Scenery Library, and delete the UK2000 Belfast Xtreme folder. That will uninstall the product.

Reinstall UK2000 Belfast Xtreme, but answer "NO" to the question about using the new method of adding scenery to P3D. Go to your Scenery Library, and manually add UK2000 Belfast Xtreme. The entry will not be greyed out this time, and you can move it wherever you want.

For the record, I don't have any scenery packages installed with the addon.xml method. Some people think it is the best thing since sliced bread, but I hate it.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks to both you guys!

I followed Christopher's instructions and all is working fine now.

It was odd that only the new UK2000 Belfast Xtreme was affected and did not display correctly.  All the other addon sceneries, including many UK2000, with .xml files display correctly as far as I can see.

If LM would explain why they have adopted this method, and spell out clearly its advantages, we might actually benefit from it. Presumably they have their reasons - they aren't stupid! But until they do, I will be answering NO to their new method.

One other small point. In the listing in Orbx Central for the insertion points, both the .xml and the 'normal' entries for my addon airports are included and it is impossible to tell which is which. Again, some are greyed out. Grrr! 

Edited by betelgeuse

Supporter.png

John

55 minutes ago, betelgeuse said:

If LM would explain why they have adopted this method, and spell out clearly its advantages, we might actually benefit from it.

The advantages are pretty known in the community. At least at the next re-installation you get a picture. When addons are outside installed you don't have to care about them anymore.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I have all my UK2000 airport in v5 using the xml install, and i edit all my addon airports no problem,

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg