Sign in to follow this  
YVRLHRDXB

Phil Spencer: FS Will Be Jaw-Droppin On Xbox Series X

It was revealed yesterday that Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to PC (including Xbox Game Pass for PC) on August 14th, but nothing was mentioned about a release date for the console version/s.

But don't worry - the game has already been confirmed as coming to Xbox One, and according to a recent interview with Xbox boss Phil Spencer, it looks like it's heading to Xbox Series X as well.

Speaking during the recent Gamelab Live 2020 keynote fireside, Spencer revealed that Flight Sim is one of the games he's particularly looking forward to playing on the next-gen system:

"I will say a game that just every time I see it is so stunning, is Microsoft Flight Simulator. And for us at Xbox and Microsoft Gaming, Flight Sim has a long history inside the company.

The studio at Asobo is doing amazing work on that - it's such a technology powerhouse that game with what it's using in terms of cloud compute to deliver the experiences they have, and I think that game on Series X is going to just be jaw-dropping and I can't wait to experience that on the next-gen."

So, while Microsoft hasn't officially come out and announced that Microsoft Flight Simulator is heading to Xbox Series X just yet, it seems a safe bet to suggest it's on the way. With any luck, we'll hopefully get more details on this (and a release date) at the Xbox Games Showcase next week.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/07/phil_spencer_microsoft_flight_simulator_will_be_jaw-dropping_on_xbox_series_x

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Like 1

did you say something positive about MFS ? Are you feeling alright Rob ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Sorry, I don't think this remark was necessary, Claude. Even more as Rob is probably right.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Sorry, I don't think this remark was necessary, Claude. Even more as Rob is probably right.

Kind regards, Michael

You know it was funny. You know I am right too and yes Series X is a big part of bringing new comers to the Sim Community. A lot of people will choose that route as their first option. 

What are you talking about ? I love P3D. It has it's issue but I used it a lot. Believ me, I do have some issue with MFS as well but since the build I am playing is not the final release build. It's hard for me to be AS critical.

Current build is missing a lot so lets see what happens with the beta. But honestly it doesn't matter what alpha build it is because MFS 2020 blows P3D out of the water. No more ugly generic textures, no more ugly cloud and fingers crossed no more worrying about FPS. It's a new era of flight simming.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

It was revealed yesterday that Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to PC (including Xbox Game Pass for PC) on August 14th, but nothing was mentioned about a release date for the console version/s.

August 18th, not the 14th... 😉

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 7/14/2020 at 6:15 PM, ThrottleUp said:

I hope it will be released on PS5!

Hope you aren't holding your breath...