Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

MCE and MSFS

2 hours ago, geloxo said:

Tried all your suggestions and nothing. Today I got the game update to 1.9.5, a cumulative update for windows 10 1909 and a Net Framework update as well. I have visual c++ since 2005 to 2019 versions also installed.

Tested it with the Airbus, waited like 3 minutes and got same results as past days: anything outside the red square reacts to mouse clicks. Anything inside red square not, as shown in the next picture. It´s the same in all tabs. That area seems to be disabled to my user input and just plays the clicking sound.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN61JE01tHHrMm0UNm8ye7F72zS7rbkfIh_a6xx/photo/AF1QipNZjh2ccKLkpgc0-Rat4iHsyTWgtkhsFAs2a2nG

And yes, I can select the checklist feature tab. Only difference I saw today was that selecting "Enable all" as in the picture above now activates all ticks and they are kept active. But anyway I can´t change them afterwards.

Cheers

After loading that specific plane a few times, colleague experienced the issue with "Checklist feature not selectable" and did something about it.

Not sure about the other behaviour as it's not replicable. Expect a patch tomorrow evening UK time, and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, geloxo said:

Tried all your suggestions and nothing. Today I got the game update to 1.9.5, a cumulative update for windows 10 1909 and a Net Framework update as well. I have visual c++ since 2005 to 2019 versions also installed.

Tested it with the Airbus, waited like 3 minutes and got same results as past days: anything outside the red square reacts to mouse clicks. Anything inside red square not, as shown in the next picture. It´s the same in all tabs. That area seems to be disabled to my user input and just plays the clicking sound.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN61JE01tHHrMm0UNm8ye7F72zS7rbkfIh_a6xx/photo/AF1QipNZjh2ccKLkpgc0-Rat4iHsyTWgtkhsFAs2a2nG

And yes, I can select the checklist feature tab. Only difference I saw today was that selecting "Enable all" as in the picture above now activates all ticks and they are kept active. But anyway I can´t change them afterwards.

Cheers

If you can select the checklist tab and run the checklists and run the Vox Scripts then I'm seeing the same. I can't download your photo, so can't comment on what you see.

Our problem, in general, is that no two PC's are identical. 

With the constant patching of MSFS and Windows updates, (which further randomises people's systems) we are always chasing faults! For example, two days ago my FO was reading the script on the ATC window, dialling the correct frequency and talking to ATC!

Yesterday (post update to 1.9.5) FO can't read the ATC window and can't reply to anyone? So I'm troubleshooting what's different over 24 hours. If we use the 'mods' and I'm guilty here, then there's more randomisation of systems!

I said that it would take a couple of years for MSFS to become stable enough for us to "fly" with a consistent simulator. But remember, with MCE, we are adding a very high complexity of control, which requires my system to be the same as the Devs and the same as yours. Otherwise we run into things that stop working. But it's fun (sort of) to get everything working.

These MSFs "updates" tend to alter more than they tell us. Sending us off down "oh no what's broken now" road.

Regards

David

21 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

Yesterday (post update to 1.9.5) FO can't read the ATC window and can't reply to anyone? So I'm troubleshooting what's different over 24 hours. If we use the 'mods' and I'm guilty here, then there's more randomisation of systems!

This patch should take care of that

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geloxo said:

Hi charlie. Let´s see if this works better for the image: https://freeimage.host/i/2DAU5F

2DAU5F.jpg

Anything outside the red square reacts to mouse clicks. Anything inside red square not.

Cheers

Try this...

First, download this patch

The patch is mostly to addreess native ATC issue that surfaced after latest sim update yesterday.

If still not able to click options, proceed as follows..

Go to C:\Users\your_user_name\Appdsta\Roaming\Multi Crew EXperience\ folder and open "mce.ini using Notepad.

Look at the [Window] section.

Make sure you remove option that tells the window not to set itself as the active window (which would equire you to always click anywhere on sim when you're done with CE UI). Also, disable the sound effects when clicking items. These 2 options should look like tis

[WINDOW]

NoActivate=0
NoSound=1

Restart MCE and check you don't hear any audio when clicking items and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

Hi. I have good news! Problem is gone. Some minutes ago I finally got the Windows 10 2004 update plus yet another cumulative update of Net Framework. Now I have the 19041.572 Windows build and all latest updates. That solved the clicking issue without having to apply the patch nor the manual mce.ini editing. It had to be windows, as I never had such problems with your tool in the past...😝

I will test the patch also and let you know if I find anything else. Many thanks for you time and support on this issue to you two.

Cheers

2 hours ago, geloxo said:

Hi. I have good news! Problem is gone. Some minutes ago I finally got the Windows 10 2004 update plus yet another cumulative update of Net Framework. Now I have the 19041.572 Windows build and all latest updates. That solved the clicking issue without having to apply the patch nor the manual mce.ini editing. It had to be windows, as I never had such problems with your tool in the past...😝

I will test the patch also and let you know if I find anything else. Many thanks for you time and support on this issue to you two.

Cheers

Good to hear that. 🙂

Might be very good information to share with others facing strange issues with FS 2020. I do remember, they said Windows 10, update 1904 minimum requirement.

It's a subtle information that people will easily miss (did not cross my mind it would matter since the sim was running anyway), especially now that Windows 10 is going through countless updates and always bearing the "Windows 10" logo.

Please do apply the patch.

Which FS2020 edition are you on? Steam or MS AppStore, Standard, Premium or deluxe edition?

Thanks

Edited by FS++

First thank you for the free update. No small feat, Can I donate a couple bucks someplace?

I am on the latest MSFS and I have the problem that in the tbm any heading or altimeter adjustment (like set heading 090, or altimeter standard) will result in the knobs turning without end. Also the program will not respond to a cancel order then. 

Also did I screw up something on my installation? After startup I get a "Failed to locate Voxkey Commands profile! Custom Commands will be ignored for this session." Tried reinstalling still the same.

Downloaded MCE an hour ago, so I guess I am on the latest version there as well.

Hi. Fantastic to have MCE in MSFS. I have some minor problems regarding ATC. Every thing works just fine, but my co-pilot does not seem to understand native ATC or to replay to ATC. After the last MCE patch to V2.8.7.6 I can use voice commands and checklists (greate) but even my own ATC commands wont work (with v2.8.7.5) I could talk to ATC.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Good to hear that. 🙂

Might be very good information to share with others facing strange issues with FS 2020. I do remember, they said Windows 10, update 1904 minimum requirement.

It's a subtle information that people will easily miss (did not cross my mind it would matter since the sim was running anyway), especially now that Windows 10 is going through countless updates and always bearing the "Windows 10" logo.

Please do apply the patch.

Which FS2020 edition are you on? Steam or MS AppStore, Standard, Premium or deluxe edition?

Thanks

Main problem is that I couldn´t force the 2004 update after formatting PC last weekend. Some days need to pass for it to be available to download, and together with it the latest Net framework patch also came, which I presume was the guilty party in this error. My current data are the following:

- FS2020 Premium Deluxe (v1.9.5.0) AppStore version

- Windows 10 with 2004 update (OS build 19041.572)

- MCE (v2.8.7.7 --> just installed the new version from scratch using the updated installer from your web)

I couldn´t test it too much today, but I noticed the checklist feature is not available. When I try to activate it it gets deactivated shortly after. But rest of the options work and the settings are applied properly via UI. I will try to test it more deeply tomorrow.

Cheers

35 minutes ago, geloxo said:

Main problem is that I couldn´t force the 2004 update after formatting PC last weekend. Some days need to pass for it to be available to download, and together with it the latest Net framework patch also came, which I presume was the guilty party in this error. My current data are the following:

- FS2020 Premium Deluxe (v1.9.5.0) AppStore version

- Windows 10 with 2004 update (OS build 19041.572)

- MCE (v2.8.7.7 --> just installed the new version from scratch using the updated installer from your web)

I couldn´t test it too much today, but I noticed the checklist feature is not available. When I try to activate it it gets deactivated shortly after. But rest of the options work and the settings are applied properly via UI. I will try to test it more deeply tomorrow.

Cheers

No wories egarding checklist.

It appeas, for some planes checklists were missing in installation folder, notably "Cessna_CJ4_check.txt" fo CJ4 and "generic_Piston_Check.txt" for all the small birds out there.

Even surprised people are eager to fly small GA planes with a co-pilot 😀.

We didn't test these. Most of the time was spent on those that do require one.

A320, B747, B787, Cessna Longitude, KingAir 350.

Will have a patch tomorrow, to replace a few files and add the missing checklists.

If someone has a real world checklist for Longituse, would take it any day. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Hi. Fantastic to have MCE in MSFS. I have some minor problems regarding ATC. Every thing works just fine, but my co-pilot does not seem to understand native ATC or to replay to ATC. After the last MCE patch to V2.8.7.6 I can use voice commands and checklists (greate) but even my own ATC commands wont work (with v2.8.7.5) I could talk to ATC.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Rasterfahnder

Thanks for encouragng feedback.

this patch should restore ATC integration with FS2020.

Confirmed working with Steam Deluxe, and MS AppStore Standard Edition so far. Next patch should get it going across all distributons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Thanks for encouragng feedback.

this patch should restore ATC integration with FS2020.

Thanks for all the efforts. So far no luck with MSFS Deluxe patch #4, MCE  2.8.78 and ATC. Checklists are working great for me. Mech keeps asking for closed doors befor push back. Told the mech that he must be wrong. I told the FO to climb through the emergency hatch when he tried the doors. Doors are definitely closed in MSFS. But over all best support. By the way when ready I have to update the banner. Voice control FSX P3D FS9 XPlane & MSFS 🤩

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

53 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Thanks for all the efforts. So far no luck with MSFS Deluxe patch #4, MCE  2.8.78 and ATC. Checklists are working great for me. Mech keeps asking for closed doors befor push back. Told the mech that he must be wrong. I told the FO to climb through the emergency hatch when he tried the doors. Doors are definitely closed in MSFS. But over all best support. By the way when ready I have to update the banner. Voice control FSX P3D FS9 XPlane & MSFS 🤩

Banner running out of space 😃

With regards doors, which aircraft?