Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

MCE and MSFS

4 hours ago, Deimos said:

First thank you for the free update. No small feat, Can I donate a couple bucks someplace?

I am on the latest MSFS and I have the problem that in the tbm any heading or altimeter adjustment (like set heading 090, or altimeter standard) will result in the knobs turning without end. Also the program will not respond to a cancel order then. 

Also did I screw up something on my installation? After startup I get a "Failed to locate Voxkey Commands profile! Custom Commands will be ignored for this session." Tried reinstalling still the same.

Downloaded MCE an hour ago, so I guess I am on the latest version there as well.

You're welcome.

To be on latest Download this patch

Manually replace/add files to C:\Program files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

The issue with Voxkey profile can be resolved as follows...

Go to \My Documents\ folder

If you have added a lot of commands to the profile, backup <Voxkey> folder somewhere else. Then delete it from that location.

Run MCE app wizard, without going through speech training.

Windows Stat->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard.

Wizard will generate a new <Voxkey> folder with default healthy profiles for all supported simulators.

For FS2020 open "FS2020.vkp" profile.

Support is always welcome.

Just share your inner knowledge of the app with others on various forums so we can continue refining this life time project for another decade.

We do have a separate product for X-Plane 11 & 10 (and likely 12 whenever it comes out), as well well as 2 plugins to connect PF3 ATC and Radar Contact to X-Plane.

40 minutes ago, FS++ said:

You're welcome.

To be on latest Download this patch

Version 2.8.78 actually made things worse sadly. I can now hardly click anything in the client window. I reset settings and tried to select my tts voice again and had a hard time getting the menu to change. It would only work after clicking what felt to be a thousand times. The rotating heading and the wrong altimeter are still there. The radio frequencies that worked before are now broken too. It plays a clicking sound for 30s and then the frequency is not changed. The Nav 1 course gets set correctly though 🙂 Tested in the TBM and the Longtitude. Strange.

As to why use it even in a 172, it makes stuff that is really hard to see or to dial in soooooo much easier. Hence I always have a co pilot. Even in a single seater. Especially in VR.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

With regards doors, which aircraft?

c172 and c208. ATC worked in v2.8.5 until the MSFS patch came out. MCE shows in the textline the correct phrases. Textline does not come up in every flight. Some times it works, some times it does after severeal recovery attempts (via taskbar menu) and some time the restart of MCE in one session helps. I will do more tests this evening.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

2 hours ago, Rasterfahnder said:

c172 and c208. ATC worked in v2.8.5 until the MSFS patch came out. MCE shows in the textline the correct phrases. Textline does not come up in every flight. Some times it works, some times it does after severeal recovery attempts (via taskbar menu) and some time the restart of MCE in one session helps. I will do more tests this evening.

Definitely not a speech reco issue.

Standby for ATC today or tomorrow.

Lastest patch is V2.8.7.8

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Deimos said:

Version 2.8.78 actually made things worse sadly. I can now hardly click anything in the client window. I reset settings and tried to select my tts voice again and had a hard time getting the menu to change. It would only work after clicking what felt to be a thousand times. The rotating heading and the wrong altimeter are still there. The radio frequencies that worked before are now broken too. It plays a clicking sound for 30s and then the frequency is not changed. The Nav 1 course gets set correctly though 🙂 Tested in the TBM and the Longtitude. Strange.

As to why use it even in a 172, it makes stuff that is really hard to see or to dial in soooooo much easier. Hence I always have a co pilot. Even in a single seater. Especially in VR.

Agree, sometimes it's difficult to ead instruents due to all those lighting effecs in he sim. And obviously frees you from keybpard in VR.

Regarding UI clicks...

Be aware, by design we son't allow clicking the various optional features successively. A minimum delay of about 5 seconds is needed to ensure the last feature you enabled or disabled has finished doing what it had to do with speech engine. A very complex process happening in the background. You could end-up leaving spech engine in unusable state and foce you to restart MCE.

The clicks on the right pane should happen normally.

Just bear in mind, MCE is communicating with other apps. As a result, when you click and seemingly option doesn't appear to have changed (because MCE was waiting fo the other app to reply), wait a second and try again. Second or third time will eventually succeed. Add to that, the sim is sucking most CPU power. Have you noticed that inside the sim, sometimes you need to hold a button for up to a second before releasing, otherwise you would think the click isn't registering if you click too fast.

There is a new patch. Use same posted link.

Heading dialling should be sorted

Barometer setting via voice should work as expected. It could be off by 1 MB or 0,01 inHG occasionally

Don't forget speech comands like "altimeter to standard", "Barometer standard".

There are a couple of frequencies Fo currently doesn't handle well. Mostly those ending with XXX.X05, XXX.X10

It's to do with new sim introducing new frequencies with 5 khz separation. Up to now, Fo was trained to handle those freqs in FSX/Pepar3D (25 khz separation).

To cut a long story short, could take a week or so to addess this as it could potentially break the whole radio tuning functionality with FSX/Prepar3D.

Native ATC voice control feature should work as expected, across all FS 2020 distributions.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

Agree, sometimes it's difficult to ead instruents due to all those lighting effecs in he sim. And obviously frees you from keybpard in VR.

<snip>

Gerald thank you for your comprehensive reply and effort. Will try the new patch tonight. 🙂

8 hours ago, FS++ said:

Native ATC voice control feature should work as expected, across all FS 2020 distributions.

Will test it again. So far no luck with ATC in Version 2.8.78. It worked for voice commands before the MSFS Patch. Also the FO does not know any radio frequencys or navigation aid frequencies. The checklist feature works for me. And with 2.8.78 the MCE-window works flawless now. Responcive and all boxes and sliders work for me. Thanks

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

34 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Will test it again. So far no luck with ATC in Version 2.8.78. It worked for voice commands before the MSFS Patch. Also the FO does not know any radio frequencys or navigation aid frequencies. The checklist feature works for me. And with 2.8.78 the MCE-window works flawless now. Responcive and all boxes and sliders work for me. Thanks

You need latest patch (V2.8/7/9) same link above) and replace te few files in MCE installation folder. It's the "Simco64_Ldr.exe" that will fix ATC.

Thank you Gerald. v.2.8.79 works. Next thing is to get ASABO to give us the option to disable the Pilot voice. I wished to get rid of "Press any key to start" and now this. Am I too greedy?

Enjoing MCE so much. Indispensable!

Edited by Rasterfahnder
spelling

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Latest version working great!

We have a voice controlled first officer.

We have a directional Push Back facility.....we have ground tech that swears at you in Sweedish if you so very dare!

We have an instant Dr. Who time warp to a different runway and airport.

We have full access to ATC....and I mean FULL! Also if your overloaded with FMC approach fiddleing, just get your trusty FO to work the radios for you...."Your Radio"!

Bliss!

Ta very much MCE!

GO!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Next thing is to get ASABO to give us the option to disable the Pilot voice.

Totally agree.

As a blind pilot who's dabbled with the highly inaccessible MSFS interface, will MCE allow us to control the UI like you can with FSX/P3D? Or not yet.

Thank you very much, I have been waiting for this tool -  for me one of the most used in XP11, P3D and now in MSFS !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

4 hours ago, Orinks said:

As a blind pilot who's dabbled with the highly inaccessible MSFS interface, will MCE allow us to control the UI like you can with FSX/P3D? Or not yet.

Not yet. You can take advantage of 2 new features.

Can warp the plane to any other runway or airport in the world using voice (secured with the need to confirm first).

Can hand controls to Fo with "you have control" and take control with "I have control".

Refer to new pdf doc "Using Multi Crew Experience with FS 2020".