Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

REX 5 – Product Compatibility Update!

I received a letter from REX Simulations, but I don’t understand if the update is already available or not. I can not open the site.

1mhj8h.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

2 minutes ago, pilatuz said:

Looks like just an update to tell us to keep waiting.

I took the headline the other way)

Edited by BMW969

I am on their discord, a short sarcastic summary of the last year:

This product is in the debug phase of the Alpha 2.3, when we are ready testing with this we will continuo with the Creative update 3.4. But for Creative update 3.4 we have to release Beta 3.0 first which is of course dependant on Alpha 2.4 which we we will release after 2.3.

Next update next week where you will hear more of this kind of stuff 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reads as just an update......nothing ready.....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

This product is in the debug phase of the Alpha 2.3, when we are ready testing with this we will continuo with the Creative update 3.4. But for Creative update 3.4 we have to release Beta 3.0 first which is of course dependant on Alpha 2.4 which we we will release after 2.3.

That made me smile, and you are not too off the mark. 😄

I like their products, but sometimes it can take a minute or two to work out what actually is being presented.

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Rex have been slow to the party with their v5 updates, AS are much quicker off the mark. Important in an era of non-static sim platforms.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Made my day 😉 

There are two things I'm waiting for to fire up my online flights in P3Dv5 - FS2Crew for NGXu (coming this weekend) and REX Sky Force (for textures and models for non-EA P3Dv5 setup).

Or maybe you can recommend some good alternatives to cloud/sky textures and cloud models (it looks like it'll take forever before the new version of SkyForce is released)? I use AS for weather.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Adrian

14 minutes ago, AdiR said:

Made my day 😉 

There are two things I'm waiting for to fire up my online flights in P3Dv5 - FS2Crew for NGXu (coming this weekend) and REX Sky Force (for textures and models for non-EA P3Dv5 setup).

Or maybe you can recommend some good alternatives to cloud/sky textures and cloud models (it looks like it'll take forever before the new version of SkyForce is released)? I use AS for weather.

Cheers!

I would use Enhanced Atmosphere, I had problems with the frame rates first.

But when I turned cloud shadows off and the cloud resolution to medium it is really great experience in combination with Active Sky.

• Like 1

I see EF may be a long way off for V5 if it comes.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

To me, it looks like EF is dead. Sad.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I also think that the old weather is pretty enough with add-ons. And the performance in p3dv5 is excellent. That's just PTA is really enough. Why it messed up is not clear.

1 minute ago, BMW969 said:

I also think that the old weather is pretty enough with add-ons. And the performance in p3dv5 is excellent. That's just PTA is really enough. Why it messed up is not clear.

Perfectly clear. LM changed the shaders (no wonder with new graphic engine and EA) and Simtweaks doesn't seem to deliver an update, at least not at the moment.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

If LM sorts out the bugs with EA by 5.1 then personally, I think the lighting with EA is so good, i see no need for any shader program or cloud addons.

The lighting within the sim is so much better with EA on.

Without EA on, the cloud textures are very hit or miss, I've seen vertical clouds or sorts of a mess but then it's back showing its roots=FSX.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

If LM sort out the bugs with EA in by 5.1 then personally I think the lighting with EA is so good, i see no need for any shader program or cloud addons.

I agree. Shader add-ons tend to be more trouble then they are worth and I'm surprised that LM hasn't hidden the HLSL shader source in a binary somewhere that can't be tinkered with.

• Upvote 2