Sign in to follow this  
craigeaglefire

when will AIG AIM OCI be out of Beta

just wondering when will AIG AIM OCI be out of Beta,

i note it works with AIRLP & Super Traffic Board - which work well,

also can potentially limit AI traffic with FSUIPC,

& will the current freeware paints be continuously available?

40 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

just wondering when will AIG AIM OCI be out of Beta,

i note it works with AIRLP & Super Traffic Board - which work well,

also can potentially limit AI traffic with FSUIPC,

& will the current freeware paints be continuously available?

Why not try the official forum?

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=247.0

Edited by SierraDelta

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

51 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Why not try the official forum?

checked it out, no extra info there - get my info here.

5 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

checked it out, no extra info there - get my info here.

@Kaiii3 is hardly likely to announce here when he has his own forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just asking for known AIG info - nothing special,

I’m a sorta Steam/Orbx kinda person - super simple,

stick to just a very few fora,

& try to avoid the ‘rabbit holes’ (like P3D traffic obviously is),

my original question remains.

Why are you asking this? Are you not willing to jump in as long it is a beta? I am just curious.

I am using it and I am really impressed about the AI addon and its glory and really good config tool. I even don´t understand why it is for free because there are payware addons wich do not offer this kind of quality and config settings!

So if you should hasitate......there is no reason. Also the dev is really strong in support!

Regards Marcus

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Kaiii3 is hardly likely to announce here when he has his own forum.

as long someone tags me here I will try to respond here as well - keeping track in the AIG Forum is already hard, so without tagging here at AVSIM it is very likely I will miss a post that is not int the AI Manager topic.

Back to the question:

We actual added the "BETA" to the last versions so that every User knows that this software and OCI are still under development. And we could actual keep the "BETA" for a long time since this software will grow from time to time. But we decided to remove "BETA" with the next 1.0 release of AIM.

Our release road-map was kind of shaken up by the release of v5. So we decided to move the 1.0 release a bit more and make it v5 ready, but since the first v5 release was not that good we had to postbone AIM 1.0 even further. During that time of waiting for fixes by LM we added some more stuff that was planed for 1.1 and 1.2. This new features are currently still in our internal tests but as soon as they are done (hopefully this Summer) we will release AIM 1.0 together with some other new Software (that will start as "public alpha/beta" like AIM).

Regarding the freeware paints: Thats up to the repainters and has nothing to do with AIM. AIM/OCI are just downloading this paints, but I am sure they will remain online for a very long time and many more new paints and models will be made

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Why are you asking this? Are you not willing to jump in as long it is a beta? I am just curious.

I am using it and I am really impressed about the AI addon and its glory and really good config tool. I even don´t understand why it is for free because there are payware addons wich do not offer this kind of quality and config settings!

So if you should hasitate......there is no reason. Also the dev is really strong in support!

Regards Marcus

Well the reason for AIM to be freeware is quite simple:

1) Models, Repaints and Flightplans are freeware as well, so it would not be fair that only the Software is payware

2) AIG has always developed freeware stuff

3) I am developing the software as my hobby - so there might be a day in the future I will stop the development

4) As soon as something is payware the developer has to mantain some level of support

5) AIG has a donation button/PayPal-URL

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Well the reason for AIM to be freeware is quite simple:

1) Models, Repaints and Flightplans are freeware as well, so it would not be fair that only the Software is payware

2) AIG has always developed freeware stuff

3) I am developing the software as my hobby - so there might be a day in the future I will stop the development

4) As soon as something is payware the developer has to mantain some level of support

5) AIG has a donation button/PayPal-URL

I'd be very happy if every payware developer would provide support on the same level as AIG/Kaii is doing. Thanks for that great ai package and your patient support.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Frankly, it’s so good that I forgot it was technically still a beta.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Frankly, it’s so good that I forgot it was technically still a beta.

not just you ^^ but we get still some bug reports so we are reminded every day that there is still some work to do on the older parts of the tool

it can be a beta forever as far as I'm concerned.  It does the job and does it very very well

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

it can be a beta forever as far as I'm concerned.  It does the job and does it very very well

haha - but it looks better when the version is not a BETA^^

• Like 2

If every BETA would be as great as this one, we would have a lot less discussions about this greek letter in all simming forums worldwide. Keep it up, great piece of addon!

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS