Sign in to follow this  
Airtrooper

Map of MSFS (2020) airfields by edition

4 minutes ago, trainplane3 said:

Yes.

I found my answer. Thank you. Very cool.

Edited by Adrian123

@Adrian123 Anyone who is asking for a full airport list, there are 30,000+ in MFS. That's compared to 20,000 in previous versions. If the airport was in FSX/P3D, it'll be in the new simulator.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@Adrian123 Anyone who is asking for a full airport list, there are 30,000+ in MFS. That's compared to 20,000 in previous versions. If the airport was in FSX/P3D, it'll be in the new simulator.

Thank you. That's great news.

47 minutes ago, jlund said:

Funny, but Scandinavia and Eastern Europe is totally void of handcrafted airports,what a pity.

The same goes for the whole of Russia, China and India

i7-8086k OC @ 5GHz, 64Gb RAM,
GTX 1080ti 11Gb GPU, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Yes, I wonder which criteria they have used when deciding which airports to be handcrafted, Like Entebbe in Uganda, really?, How many is gonna fly there more than once? And Saba and St.Barths, but not St.Maarten which is the airport where all flights go from to Saba and St.Barths. 

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

16 minutes ago, jlund said:

Yes, I wonder which criteria they have used when deciding which airports to be handcrafted, Like Entebbe in Uganda, really?, How many is gonna fly there more than once? And Saba and St.Barths, but not St.Maarten which is the airport where all flights go from to Saba and St.Barths. 

Keep in mind we don't yet know if/how such airfields may relate to specific scenarios/goals for any training/challenges/rewards build into the sim (i.e. not just free flight) 😉

i7-8086k OC @ 5GHz, 64Gb RAM,
GTX 1080ti 11Gb GPU, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

1 hour ago, jlund said:

Funny, but Scandinavia and Eastern Europe is totally void of handcrafted airports,what a pity. I'm also very surprised we haven't seen ANY screenshots from Norway in any of the weekly updates. I'm not Noweigian,,but it's one of the most beautiful countries to fly in, so wonder why they haven't shown it yet.

The low res terrain mesh won't do much justice to the fjords. The Milford Sounds screenshots looked like melted ice cream.

Edited by Kopteeni

1 hour ago, Kopteeni said:

The low res terrain mesh won't do much justice to the fjords

I guess that' something for 3'rd party to improve on then.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

My guess is that the decision on which airports to get the premium treatment was down to logistics. There need to be some high profile ones (KORD, KLAX, EGLL etc) to ramp up interest, but the list needed padded out by a number which (I assume) required substantially less work (Donegal for example!) to make the total look impressive enough. I'm sure the majority of users (not all, I'm sure) would prefer all the world's major airports to get the premium treatment over the minor ones in most cases, but how long would that have taken and at what cost to the consumer (not to mention it might have not gone down well with the third-party devs they are partnering with)?

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

10 hours ago, Airtrooper said:

I just edited my initial post to emphasise this is just the bespoke hand-crafted ones 😉

Andy

Great map, excellent to visualize future flights. Thanks!

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I will undoubtedly visit each of the hand-crafted airports at least once in either the CJ4 or the Latitude since I'm not a fan of tubeliners except my love child B737-200 Combi. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator