Sign in to follow this  
Akki

PSXT 18.2 version behave peculiar with parked_updates

Just installed the latest version 18.2:  18.1 was wotking fine but now as I installed 18.2 I wanted to put back my Airportupdates files and parked_updates from my backup as they are overwritten I experience that the backed up files in the two folders are overwritten with another (wrong) files as I startup PSXT...this is new to me. Why?

Best regards

Åke

3 hours ago, Akki said:

Just installed the latest version 18.2:  18.1 was wotking fine but now as I installed 18.2 I wanted to put back my Airportupdates files and parked_updates from my backup as they are overwritten I experience that the backed up files in the two folders are overwritten with another (wrong) files as I startup PSXT...this is new to me. Why?

There is just a minor difference between 18.1 and 18.2, it only generates a few more real parking positions in your airport file. That cannot be the cause of your problems, although I do not understand completely what you mean...

I am not sure that you understand how things work, so please note that PSXT first searches for an airport file in PSXT's folder \parked_updates. If it is there already it will add to it. If it is not there it will search in the folder pointed to by PSXT's airport parameter, if it is there and there are updates to it to be done it will generate a new airport file in parked_updates with the additions.

Edited by kiek

OK, thats what it does, it overwrite my manually adjusted xml-file ( to get the right airline to the right position at a domestic airport, something PPG never would manage), this is something new. I do not know how to handle it.

I know how it used to work very well, but the behaviour now I am not used to. I place my modified xml file in both parked_updates and Airportupdates. When I check after loading PSXT the xml is overwritten...and therefore not appropriate.

Åke

Edited by Akki

You should add real=true and an hours attribute  to your manual entries to prevent they will be overwritten by PSXT. 

Edited by kiek

What has changed because this is new to me, i.e. never edit this before, and what is ment with hours attribute?

Åke

12 minutes ago, Akki said:

What has changed because this is new to me, i.e. never edit this before, and what is ment with hours attribute?

See the release notes of 18.0

Please study an airport file from my website

hours="9,15,22"  means that the aircraft parks at that gate at those hours (only)... If you omit hours, all hours of the day will fit.

Edited by kiek

OK, well I found it out also by comparing an airportupdates file with parked_updates for the same airport. So "0" means all hours will fit or "" is what to have?

Will check the 18.0 release. I made some changes already but no parked aircraft show up. Need to dive deeper.

Åke

PS

OK, need to take everything from scratch, severe changes.

DS

Edited by Akki

33 minutes ago, Akki said:

So "0" means all hours will fit or "" is what to have?

No, 0 means 24 hours. No hours attribute at all means all hours.

Edited by kiek

Slowly starting to understand and I asume you will create a new PPG soon that generate the Airportupdate xml:s directly to the new format?

Because now I only see this format in the xml in Parked_updates. 

Unfortunately they skip the transponder already at minor airport on the runway so I almost never get them "updated". Having a few aircraft parked correctly I will need to manually create files like those updated by PPG, but I think I manage.

Åke

1 hour ago, Akki said:

A) Slowly starting to understand and I asume you will create a new PPG soon that generate the Airportupdate xml:s directly to the new format?

B) Unfortunately they skip the transponder already at minor airport on the runway so I almost never get them "updated". Having a few aircraft parked correctly I will need to manually create files like those updated by PPG, but I think I manage.

@A) That's not needed, PSXT will convert the file into the new format automatically, see the Release Notes of 18.0.

@B) No, they will get soft updates (see PSXT Manual 6.2) , so at least you will see airlines and types parked at that airport that in reality also fly at/from that airport. Only the gates do not match (random). But you can always make manual changes to the file.

Edited by kiek

OK, I will wait and  see how it works with soft updates and I take  it from there.

Åke

I recommend to let PPG generate a file without options, and then let it grow with soft updates and manual changes.

1 hour ago, Akki said:

OK, will try this

Don't forget to delete your old airport file from parked_updates.

So I did, and was lucky enough to have an SAS ATR76 to land and park IRL so that PSXT wrote the new file and accordingly I have the new script regarding that park position. Great. However the two other park positions remain as the were programmed from me some while ago, i.e. with three different liveries optional as the old setup, is it because there were not busy?

Heres the script:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<meta>
    <info name="author" value="ParkPosGenerator" />
    <info name="version" value="17.0" />
    <info name="date" value="Mar 28, 2020" />
</meta>
<parameters>
    <parameter name="ICAO" value="ESTA" />
    <parameter name="IATA" value="AGH" />
    <parameter name="latitude" value="56.291111" />
    <parameter name="longitude" value="12.855000" />
    <parameter name="altitude" value="60" />
    <parameter name="airport_name" value="Angelholm AB" />
    <parameter name="supplier" value="FSX " />
    <parameter name="parking_percentage" value="75" />
    <parameter name="last_update" value="Jul 16, 2020" />
    <parameter name="num_parkpos" value="11" />
    <parameter name="num_real_live_parkpos" value="1" />
    <parameter name="num_real_live_options" value="1" />
    <parameter name="num_defined_hours" value="50" />
</parameters>
<parkpositions>
    <parkpos id="E4" latitude="56.286684" longitude="12.868421" heading="321.6" radius="30.0" cargo="false" ramp="false">
        <aircraft>
            <option airline="SAS" type="AT76" real="true" hours="17,18" />
        </aircraft>
    </parkpos>
    <parkpos id="ep1" latitude="56.287194" longitude="12.867136" heading="117.1" radius="14.0" cargo="false" ramp="true">
        <aircraft />
    </parkpos>
    <parkpos id="ep2" latitude="56.286836" longitude="12.867820" heading="89.7" radius="20.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
    <aircraft>
        <option airlines="BRX,SCW" types="AT72,AT76,E190,RJ1H" real="true" />
    </aircraft>
    <parkpos id="ep4" latitude="56.286518" longitude="12.869271" heading="126.9" radius="7.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
    <parkpos id="r1" latitude="56.288872" longitude="12.855471" heading="0.0" radius="26.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
    <parkpos id="r2" latitude="56.290211" longitude="12.851560" heading="0.0" radius="26.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
    <parkpos id="r3" latitude="56.289906" longitude="12.852401" heading="0.0" radius="26.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
    <parkpos id="r5" latitude="56.290527" longitude="12.850825" heading="0.0" radius="26.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
    <parkpos id="wp1" latitude="56.290298" longitude="12.866077" heading="137.8" radius="10.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
    <parkpos id="wp2" latitude="56.290028" longitude="12.865510" heading="139.7" radius="14.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
    <parkpos id="wp3" latitude="56.289722" longitude="12.864976" heading="137.4" radius="14.0" cargo="false" ramp="true" />
</parkpositions>

Two steps forward! Thanks Nico🙂

Åke

Edited by Akki