Sign in to follow this  
be1a1

3PD & MSFS handcrafted airports

Well I am just grateful for a new simulator built from the ground up, it’s not even out yet, give it chance please, dear me.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If the sim community was a character it would be Oliver Twist ‘Please sir, can I have some more’

I took a break from the forums early this morning and did a 3.7 hour flight MDHE-MKJP, across Haiti to Jamaica.  I was surprised again at how good the sim is.  Loved the look of the small airports.

I got to wondering if what I was experiencing was good enough for the mass market, and I have to say it is.  If you want better you can find it at your local airport for a couple hundred dollars or more per hour.  I also have to say that for the purposes of the mass market, it is probably ready for release.

The hard core simming market may have a different opinion. 🙂 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

If the sim community was a character it would be Oliver Twist ‘Please sir, can I have some more’

Actually, it would be more like Veruca Salt in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

4 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Actually, it would be more like Veruca Salt in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Hook

Is saying that the Handcrafted airports would be improved by adding wear an tear ungrateful an fall under the ‘ I want it now’ attitude. I never mentioned that they should include them on release or demand that they do maybe a year which is fine, it’s an observation on something that could be improved I even said it while complimenting on how good the modelling was. 

You said "the sim community", not just you. 🙂 Personally, I'd like to see some wear and tear as the current pristine models look a bit like toys.  I also said I understood why they did it the way they did.  See my earlier post.

Hook

Larry Hookins

12 minutes ago, LHookins said:

You said "the sim community", not just you. 🙂 Personally, I'd like to see some wear and tear as the current pristine models look a bit like toys.  I also said I understood why they did it the way they did.  See my earlier post.

Hook

I think there is a mix of the two. The people that will not stand for criticism of the gods and are just grateful to have a new sim that isn't FSX and P3D. An there’s the people that are demanding too much we’ve seen it many times the past few months. I like to think an in the middle. I think the new sim is the next generation and visually stunning but it isn’t without its flaws.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 1

If you move the clock forward by the years, the airport buildings will weather & age.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Here' s one: The first time you run the sim everything will be new and shiny. With time all objects will show wear and tear, some of them sooner than others depending on geolocation. Your ACFT's will start to show it also and it will get worse and worse with time, up to a point where they start to break because they are not serviced.

You will then have to search for vendors DLC ("FSL Service Team" e.g) and purchase a small team to service your planes. But don't think this is going to be easy since the more you pay the more proffessionals you will hire.

The same for your buildings etc. 

Is the grass around your airport getting out of control (because yes! it does grow with time) the you will have to search in the Aerosoft shps for some landmower simulation and get it....

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

5 hours ago, n4gix said:

I think I'll develop a DLC for the new sim that will allow the user to spray paint "dirt, grease, or grunge" on everything.in sight. They will be able to adjust the spray nozzle to control the degree of application as desired!

Of course I'll have to come up with a snappy and clever name for it first... 😏

Isn't it obvious?

"Spraywear" - the payware spray and wear!😉

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

2 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Is the grass around your airport getting out of control (because yes! it does grow with time) the you will have to search in the Aerosoft shps for some landmower simulation and get it....

That would be an excellent opportunity for a sim cross-over with Goat Simulator and Farming Simulator. 😊

• Like 2