Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

MSFS thread for X-Plane users.

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm not sure why people keep insisting default aircraft will compete with payware titles.

I'm pretty sure a number of users were under the assumption that PMDG would be making the default planes, and/or slashing their prices because.... Microsoft, and big budgets, and AI and photogrammetry and Bing and Asobo and Azure and ... all those other things we all know deliver the best of everything at the lowest possible cost..

lolz

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Thats a possible colaboration of payware addons devs for making (or colaborating or advising) the default FS2020 planes (once again I don't have any proof of anything ,just speculating), remember who did the default 747 for XP10? I think was JRollon or TKyler or both? not saying that the 747 was a all great payware quality but considering the potential quantity of copies of FS2020 to be sold I don't see why not. 

Edited by alexcolka

Alexander Colka

As indicated on the MSFS details, I guess Austin wouldn't demand all this .....

This app can

Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Access your Internet connection

Here's more info on what permissions allow an app to do:

Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs, and registry: The app has the ability to read or write to all your files (including documents, pictures, and music) and registry settings, which allows the app to make changes to your computer and settings. It can use any peripheral devices that are either attached or part of your device (such as cameras, microphones, or printers) without notifying you. It also has access to your location, and can use platform features, such as  location history, app diagnostics, and more, which are denied to most Store apps. You can't control most of the permissions for this app in Settings > Privacy. Note that while the app has the ability to access these resources, it might not actually do so. For more info about what the app collects or uses, review the privacy policy of the developer.

Account Info: Access any of your account info.

Allow elevation: Allows the app to run with administrator privileges without prompting the user first.

App diagnostics: Get diagnostic information about other running apps.

Bluetooth: Activate and use any Bluetooth connections between your device and other devices.

Calendar: Access your calendars.

Call history: Access history of phone calls you made on the device, in Skype or other telephony apps.

Contacts: Access your contacts, people, or address book apps.

Custom install actions: Install additional software.

Email: Access your email and account info for your email accounts.

Facial recognition: Activate and use any facial recognition hardware.

File system: Access the files and folders to which you have access and read or write to all your files (including documents, pictures, and music).

Fingerprint reader: Activate and use any fingerprint reader hardware.

Local system services: Install a service on the machine that runs with maximum privileges. 

Location: Activate and use the GPS or other location-finding features on your device. Access location data in Maps and other location apps.

Messaging: Access your instant messages and account info.

Microphone: Activate and use the microphone on your device. 

Modifiable app: Enable the user to modify the app.

Motion: Activate and use the accelerometer or other motion-sensing feature on your device. 

Music library: Access any music files from the Music library on your device.

Near field communications: Activate and use any near field communications (NFC) connections between your device and other devices.

Notifications: Access your notifications, found in action center.

Packaged services: Install a service on the machine.

Package write redirect compatability shim: Allows the app to create, modify or delete files in the app’s install folder.

Pictures library: Access any picture files from the Pictures library on your device.

Tasks: Access your task list in Outlook and other task-tracking apps.

Unvirtualized resources: Write registry entries and files that are not cleaned up on uninstall.

Video library: Access any video files from the Video library on your device.

Voice recognition: Activate and use any voice recognition hardware.

Webcam: Activate and use the camera on your device. 

WiFi: Activate and use WiFi connections between your device, the internet, and other devices.

Wired connections: Activate and use any wired connections, including Ethernet, USB, and Serial communications between your device, the internet, and other devices.

2 hours ago, philmurfin said:

As indicated on the MSFS details, I guess Austin wouldn't demand all this .

As much as I love a good MS bashing after all the utter hysteria their marketing army love to throw around,

plse source. I know they are basically run of the mill permissions for any website you visit on windows with internet explorer, but I wouldnt expect to see that in an official document.

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, alexcolka said:

Dear Paraffin,

You and @ryanbatcund can't comment on flight dynamics of default FS2020 planes becuase of the NDA, this (with no proof of nothing) leads me to believe that flight dynamics and systems could be well enough to try the new sim (the standard version for now, thanks for your report on upgrade), however as other mentioned not sure if those default FS2020 planes will beat XP11 payware planes (the high end ones), at least for now, too much to test try and see. 

Just like xplane default planes cant beat fsx payware planes. Why do people like comparing default to payware? It goes both ways 

7 minutes ago, mSparks said:

As much as I love a good MS bashing after all the utter hysteria their marketing army love to throw around,

plse source. I know they are basically run of the mill permissions for any website you visit on windows with internet explorer, but I wouldnt expect to see that in an official document.

Here's the source Microsoft's own site, near the bottom under the pics.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/microsoft-flight-simulator-standard-preorder/9nxn8gf8n9ht?ocid=FlightSim_Affiliate_JustFlight_purchase&rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Best....

Phil

14 minutes ago, philmurfin said:

Those are win10 permissions. MS doesnt share that with Asobo, only

This app can

Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Access your Internet connection
Write registry entries and files that are not cleaned up on uninstall.
Cannot be installed on a Windows 10 device in S-mode

AutoATC Developer

25 minutes ago, philmurfin said:

You've lost me?

Look at the link you posted again.

you quoted all the permissions windows 10 has.

not the ones windows 10 gives to msfs2020

AutoATC Developer

I don't think I am,surely it's on the MSFS website and it refer's to "this app", I don't consider Windows to be an app do you?

7 hours ago, philmurfin said:

I don't consider Windows to be an app do you?

ever since their best OS ever - windows 8.

On the mobile version of the page at least, clicking "more" tells you the permissions what you are considering ordering gets, clicking "permissions info" opens the permissions windows has, which are those you copied with this at the top of the page:

App permissions

Applies to: Windows 10

AutoATC Developer

When people knowingly use things like Facebook (and give it their phone number), and TikTok etc, I don't think people really care. The things our phones are recording about us every day and passing to the likes of Google etc... Since most people will use this sim online all the time with a Microsoft account, it's just another thing to add to their profile, This is of course to benefit them and offer users better services and adverts 🤪

Always makes me cringe when something completely unrelated requests access to my address book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

I don't think people really care.

People care very much.

Its just the tech media and xbots that depend on the advertising, industrial espionage and blackmail revenue it generates who don't have a problem ignoring it.

And even then

main-qimg-2d91e98f00c288591737b25fdde97f

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

ever since their best OS ever - windows 8.

On the mobile version of the page at least, clicking "more" tells you the permissions what you are considering ordering gets, clicking "permissions info" opens the permissions windows has, which are those you copied with this at the top of the page:

App permissions

Applies to: Windows 10

I'm not sure if we are in agreament now or not, either way, no worries!

Best....

Phil

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

When people knowingly use things like Facebook (and give it their phone number), and TikTok etc, I don't think people really care. The things our phones are recording about us every day and passing to the likes of Google etc... Since most people will use this sim online all the time with a Microsoft account, it's just another thing to add to their profile, This is of course to benefit them and offer users better services and adverts 🤪

Always makes me cringe when something completely unrelated requests access to my address book.

I just wonder who will give phone number to facebook, or some random apps? Facebook has asked several times my phone number, but I don´t give it to them. Then there is a question, I posted it to the other discussion, but I´ll ask it here too. Do you need to have an Microsoft Account to use MSFS 2020, even if you have bought a boxed version, if you do, then thats quite an annoying. I have it, only because of Office, but I don´t use it anything else

Edited by LosGenero