Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

MSFS thread for X-Plane users.

regarding the video,

the Boeing 747 looks loaded in the video. around 300 t. we dont know the weight distribution setting, is it using the center or only the wings for fuel? 

The a320neo mlw capacity is much lower, around 60 t.

the deflection percorse and resistsnce at the landing gear is similar to the 747 so in my opinion this plane going down at 350kts  should bounce at touch down, braking part of the landing gear but with the ability to take off again on full thrust, so my point is that what happened at MFS is fine.

1 hour ago, mp15 said:

You've testified how I resolved my own plane design in a fully functionable matter for X-plane in less than a month without knowing aviation.

I've been teaching A.I algorythms on super computers with 16 modules of 256gb of Ram @ Linux.

i'm offended if you dont see myself in the group of the best artists and simulation experts of the world.

For me, 3Ds Max and Blender are basic software.

We use different software based on phyton 100% procedural flow for simulations now, the options are for Windows, MacOs and Linux.

I usually use Windows but I process on Linux to maximize process power.

I admire Meyer and Spudnik, and it will be very hard to surpass their level @ BET

I could show you precisely how an aircraft at 350kts on mid pay load touch down should reakt.

And yet you seem to think "the overal outcome was similar." landing XP11 vs MSFS2020. Which should offend anyone with eyes.

AutoATC Developer

45 minutes ago, mp15 said:

we dont know the weight distribution setting

Kinda do, given that's my channel testing Lua based autoland.

The (hacky) source for which is here:

https://github.com/mSparks43/747-400/blob/master/plugins/xtlua/scripts/B747.70.xt.autopilot/B747.autoland.lua

"not" going to be adopting javascript/wasm for that kind of thing any time soon tbh.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

i cant compare, i never played MFS. All im saying is it will be hard to surpass xplane physics.

in my opinion, a 350kts landing is surreal but the A320 should bounce, brake landing gear and catch air again as the MfS video do.

4 minutes ago, mp15 said:

A320 should bounce

hitting the ground at 2500fpm isn't bounce, its at least ~10g's of airframe loading and a huge hole in the ground. XP does simulate this.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

i tryed a similar aproach with the Boeing 737 and i got a bounce on XP.

3 minutes ago, mp15 said:

i tryed a similar aproach with the Boeing 737 and i got a bounce on XP.

So I'll upload a video of a 350kt, 2500fpm touchdown in XP just to show how truthful you are being, incoming in about 5 minutes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

i did a less aoa at nearly 400kts and i got a major deflect and bounce.

VID_20200719_232955_3.gif

Edited by mp15

Yours was super shallow if that matters

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

43 minutes ago, mp15 said:

i did a less aoa at nearly 400kts and i got a major deflect and bounce.

https://gifyu.com/image/WpXY

but much much lower than -2500fpm (which I hit exactly, because it was set by V/S)

in the video he hits at 341kts -> and more importantly -2500fpm with no flare.

->no damage model

->no ground effect

->GTA5 aircraft handling. (but definitely not as good a game as GTA5)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

My approach is smoother than -2500fpm, I`m just trying to show that I can deflect and bounce at 400 kts too.

JlP4EBg.gif

14 minutes ago, mp15 said:

deflect and bounce at 400 kts too.

you didn't "bounce", you were 400kts IGE. watch the earlier "gone in 60 seconds" video again -> you will see the problem is the rear wheels were barely/not touching the ground.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Avsimmers, bounce experts.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

The damage model of X-Plane is not good. That has been demonstrated many times with ridiculous results. However, I don't care. I can very well tell when I'd have destroyed my plane.

• Like 1

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.