Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

MSFS thread for X-Plane users.

1 hour ago, Scottoest said:

and never actually release MSFS on PC

good luck finding that quote. Think you'll find when you look back at what I said and actually read what I wrote rather than what you imagined I wrote that I was pretty much spot on.

AutoATC Developer

I was a MSFS user since 2000. After the countless dollars spent on upgrading computers trying to keep up with performance, I tried XP9 after MS quit. I must say XP10 then 11 I really like what LR and the community have done. I agree that FS2020 is a real step up. I am an Alpha tester and do like it. It isn't perfect but it is shows great promise. The thing I do like about XP is, the developers do not sit on their hands. They continue to update each generation. I'm not saying anything negative of MS, but they haven't come out with a new product in a decade or more. While LR ( a much smaller company ) have been giving the flying community a reason to live. I just see the new sim as a way to suck our bank accounts dry. All these 3rd party companies coming on board. That said I will buy FS2020 but keep supporting XP.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, mSparks said:

But "not sorry" for having significant doubts, and much better things to do with my time than pine after the latest Microsoft breadcrumb that they will likely end up shelving 6 months after release.

More doom and gloom for MSFS I see…

Well, let’s take a step back and see what MSFS was doing behind the scenes when Austin was making bold arrogant statements at a flight sim convention in 2017…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L6TAghI_Og

8:20 mark…

“[XP] is really not designed to satisfy a Market Niche…its not designed to give somebody the thing they expected or the thing they wanted…I never spent a cent in market research”

“I don’t really care what you want to hear”…he then looks to explain this with some diatribe about the flight geometry of his ‘bland’ product.

“On top of that framework, I have a small team”…who will add the scenery, the sound, the virtual reality, the auto gen…blah, blah blah.”

Austin had his own ideas about what X-plane should be, he didn’t care about the “big” picture and where the community was headed with wanting more than what he thought should be in the sim.

He didn’t work side by side with Devs who were trying to add to his bland sim (X-Enviro is good example of this), nor did he even look to integrate their “technology into his sim .

…meanwhile in 2017

MSFS was addressing each issue (behind the scenes)…weather (check)…clouds (check)…ground detail (well, lets give them the “real” world)…and the list goes on and on.

…then in 2019

When Austin had nothing new to show (Vulkan on the horizon….overdue for years), at the same weekend of a flight sim convention….MSFS releases a video that takes the community by storm. And well...this past year shows just what happens when a Dev does “market research" and looks to give the community what they want.

Austin got arrogant, his sim got stagnant, and now he is years behind because he spent years not “building” towards what we have in MSFS today.

…a month before the release of MSFS

Here you are trying to convince folk that MSFS will fail ignoring all that MSFS has shown over the past year...about what they have been doing over the past 4 years. (LOL)

Well hey, keep your hopes in the guy who “does no market research” and “really doesn’t care what you want to hear”. Believe me...it shows...in his bland sim that needs this "life support" of tons of payware / freeware to address features that "he" chose not take seriously.

It really shows when Austin has a video of his uncomfortable looking staff coming together around a couch as if they are all chill and relaxed connecting with a "distant" community of his making. Naw... I like the MSFS discovery video series of "nerds" like me showing bit by bit, feature by feature of how you put together the best sim and present your hard hard work / effort to the community.

I will put my money on MSFS who has spent half a decade getting us to Aug 18....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Austin had his own ideas about what X-plane should be, he didn’t care about the “big” picture and where the community was headed with wanting more than what he thought should be in the sim.

Yup, he cares about the 6 and 7 figure mil contracts and the 5 or 6 figure commercial contracts (like the Beta). What kids renting their mums basement doing a paper round want was never particularly high on the agenda.

Not news.

Also what makes XP a great - the best - simulator.

14 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

I will put my money on MSFS who has spent half a decade getting us to Aug 18....

Excellent. what do you win if you are right?

AutoATC Developer

15 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Since you're evidently not interested in XP anymore, and since by your own words you've chosen MSFS as your only flight sim, I see no reason for you to be here just saying negative things about XP, LR, and Austin. There's a specific MSFS forum, let XP users enjoy and discuss XP in the XP forum.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

36 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

I have bookmarked your post - and I will quote it often when what I think will happen after the 18th of August happens 😆.

Edited by Janov
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, mSparks said:

good luck finding that quote. Think you'll find when you look back at what I said and actually read what I wrote rather than what you imagined I wrote that I was pretty much spot on.

Hope you weren't trying to call my bluff here, because I decided to take the time and find the quote, just for you.

Modern day Nostradamus.

19 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Hope you weren't trying to call my bluff here, because I decided to take the time and find the quote, just for you.

Modern day Nostradamus.

99% sure you need a xbox account to play msfs are you saying you don't?

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-date-trailer/

Says

For the chance to access the closed beta, you'll need to sign up to the Xbox Insiders program.

I can play n64 games on my pc too. I wouldnt call them pc games tho.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, Janov said:

I have bookmarked your post - and I will quote it often when what I think will happen after the 18th of August happens 😆

XP game boys confess their buggy and bloated bad performing vulkan with cartoon scenery cannot even compete with FS2020.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Greazer said:

XP game boys confess their buggy and bloated bad performing vulkan with cartoon scenery cannot even compete with FS2020.

Sit back and enjoy the Swiss001 videos 😛

AutoATC Developer

50 minutes ago, Greazer said:

You are a joke. Until not too long ago, you were an XP game boy sh*t-talking P3D and FSX; then you became an MFS game boy sh*t-talking XP.

Shows quite a lack of maturity and self confidence...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Well, this  has degraded quickly into yet another 'My game about imaginary airplanes can beat up your game about imaginary airplanes - e-peen by proxy' thread.

A shame that it apparently cannot be kept constructive and mature...

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, mSparks said:

99% sure you need a xbox account to play msfs are you saying you don't?

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-date-trailer/

Says

I can play n64 games on my pc too. I wouldnt call them pc games tho.

That isn't what that post says and you know it. "Xbox 2020" was you talking about the console hardware launching this year, not an Xbox Live account.

Though for the record, playing PC games these days almost certainly means you have a Steam account.  Or if you play Blizzard games you have a Battle.net account.

1 hour ago, Scottoest said:

That isn't what that post says and you know it. "Xbox 2020" was you talking about the console hardware launching this year, not an Xbox Live account.

Though for the record, playing PC games these days almost certainly means you have a Steam account.  Or if you play Blizzard games you have a Battle.net account.

Xbox 2020 includes xbox one, xbox series x and a xbox emulator for pc.

microsoft flight simulator is exclusive to that platform - ie not available on steam.

do you agree or disagree?

Now, go read the thread you just quoted me from.

You were looking for where I said its not going to come to PC, and pretty sure you will find me talking about the xbox for pc emulator (XBox PC Beta ) even as far back as then. Try page 4 Sherlock.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, Murmur said:

Until not too long ago, you were an XP game boy sh*t-talking P3D and FSX; then you became an MFS game boy sh*t-talking XP.

I have no brand loyalty to any company. I only call out what is facts. I have Alpha tested the other sim since the start. There are some pro's to XP. However the devs work at snail's pace in a small team. The technology of XP is now decades behind. What should be fixed immediately like cloud flickering or sudden weather redraws have been bugs for decades. It's disgraceful. Should have been fixed years ago.