Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

MSFS thread for X-Plane users.

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The poster quite deliberately - and for reasons known only to him - referred to Flight 2.0. There is no such simulator.

Not trying to defend anyone here, but seriously?  One can't express opinions about MSFS 2020 and what he thinks it's gonna be like (aka flight 2.0) in an x-plane forum? 

• Upvote 2

I cannot for the life of me see what we are discussing MS on an xplane FS forum, whoever started it knew what would happen always does. Cant we just close it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bjoern said:

What do you expect from an essentially pointless thread?

As the title of this subforum clearly states, its subject matter is X-Plane, not FS20.

What should we expect? This is a forum where I guess the average age is in the 40s or maybe even 50s. Yet, a topic discussing differences between two simulators always devolves into word not allowed flinging slugfests?! Grown men should be able to tolerate a topic comparing two simulators and weighing pros and cons of both of them without people acting like pre schoolers throwing insults left and right? Ray did absolutely right to put the foot down to stop the constant low key trolling.

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It happens whenever a new MSFS title is announced.  And I mean every.single.time.  some MSFS users feel the need to come into the X-Plane forum and start going on about how FS20XX is better than X-Plane.  

@Swe_Richard I think it's safe to say the majority of the  X-Plane community are not really interested in comparing flight sims in a dedicated X-Plane forum.  Doing so results in the inevitable.  What people like between each platform is subjective.  So that in itself will result in debates.  Everyone thinks their opinion is the right one.  

Personally, I'd just prefer it if these forums were dedicated to X-Plane ONLY.  If I want to read about FS2020, it's not difficult to find the right forum for it.  If a percentage of people want to discuss the differences and similarities, then there needs to be a completely different section in the avsim forums for that.  And that should be dedicated to comparing all flight sims.  Not just X-Plane and FS2020.'

Just my 2 pennies worth.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, GoranM said:

It happens whenever a new MSFS title is announced.  And I mean every.single.time.  some MSFS users feel the need to come into the X-Plane forum and start going on about how FS20XX is better than X-Plane.  

@Swe_Richard I think it's safe to say the majority of the  X-Plane community are not really interested in comparing flight sims in a dedicated X-Plane forum.  Doing so results in the inevitable.  What people like between each platform is subjective.  So that in itself will result in debates.  Everyone thinks their opinion is the right one.  

Personally, I'd just prefer it if these forums were dedicated to X-Plane ONLY.  If I want to read about FS2020, it's not difficult to find the right forum for it.  If a percentage of people want to discuss the differences and similarities, then there needs to be a completely different section in the avsim forums for that.  And that should be dedicated to comparing all flight sims.  Not just X-Plane and FS2020.'

Just my 2 pennies worth.  

100% agree. I knew this thread would turn sour the moment it was started. I stopped visiting here often due to this. It would be the same as starting a a new Windows 10 OS thread in a Linux forum or starting a thread about the latest and greatest PC hardware in a Mac forum. It is just not the right place to hold these kinds of discussions. All you do is chase people away. I have left many forums for this reason. If I want to discuss another flightsim I will  go to a specific forum to do that.

Edited by Glenn_C
  • Like 1

You seem to have a short memory - the release of X-Plane 11 saw many XPlane devotees, openly wish that P3D would die a sudden death, constantly calling out 'XPlane IS the FUTURE', and encouraging 3rd party developers to ditch P3D as fast as possible to hasten it's death.

There are zealots in every camp, and as others have mentioned, its hard to believe the carry-on of some are from adults who SHOULD know better :-(.
Some users, using demeaning names about other sims, other OS platforms, and other users seems counter-productive and certainly not a way to carry on a mature discussion.

Ive lived through exactly the same debacle when the topic was the desktop platform 'wars' in the early 2000's; its sad to see this has evolved into, previous to that it was 'Server OS' wars, 8 bit gaming platform wars etc.

Each platform has its positives and negatives, each have their fans, but lets please try to keep a civil, educated, mature discussion.

My memory is fine.  And I have never seen anyone from the X-Plane community wish P3D die a sudden death or proclaim "X-Plane IS the FUTURE".  Considering FSX was the last in the series at the time anyway, and P3D was meant for educational purposes only, I can certainly see why people would be saying that (X-Plane IS the FUTURE), anyway.

Time to draw a line on this discussion. It's going nowhere.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather