Sign in to follow this  
djbully

To MICROSOFT: Not buying until STEAM version available!

Personally, I think pretty much any software developer/publisher would be just stupid to not consider using Steam, it's a massive potential market, it amounts, in many cases, to basically completely free marketing, and at the very least reduced costs for distribution, plus it has a ton of analysis tools to aid with marketing.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm not so sure MS would like to give Gabe that high % of profit off their game and still charge the same price.  If someone wants it they will still buy regardless of steam or not. FS has been around longer than steam....

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

I'm not so sure MS would like to give Gabe that high % of profit off their game and still charge the same price.  If someone wants it they will still buy regardless of steam or not. FS has been around longer than steam....

And yet that is exactly what Microsoft have done with two of their flagship gaming titles, Halo and Gears of War. Microsoft has quite clearly said they will go where the users are with their gaming titles, and that is Steam these days.

2 minutes ago, goates said:

And yet that is exactly what Microsoft have done with two of their flagship gaming titles, Halo and Gears of War. Microsoft has quite clearly said they will go where the users are with their gaming titles, and that is Steam these days.

I'm sure it will be available on steam at some point. Just probably not on release where most of the profit is to be had.

14 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I'm sure it will be available on steam at some point. Just probably not on release where most of the profit is to be had.

In the case of Gears 5 it hit Steam the same day as it came out on the Microsoft Store.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chock said:

Meanwhile

Someone needs to spoof the infamous "Downfall" video for FS2020... I seem to remember it was done for FSX. 🤣

Matthew S

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Personally, I think pretty much any software developer/publisher would be just stupid to not consider using Steam, it's a massive potential market

I agree but frankly it's not just about marketing, it's about the freedom of having to choose the platform of your choice, we value freedom of choice why stain FS20 with exclusivity and then beg Steam to sell your other titles, it just makes you look foolish, don't be that company.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, Slayer said:

You're assuming the world's largest software company pays the same ratio as other gaming manufacturers?  That's incredibly doubtful....

Matt King

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Someone needs to spoof the infamous "Downfall" video for FS2020... I seem to remember it was done for FSX. 🤣

I was actually talking about doing this 2 days ago! 🙂

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

10 hours ago, Wanderkroete said:

I can read the words that you've written but I'm still not understanding. This doesn't make any sense at all in my universe. But thank you for taking the time.

Guess who doesn't like to compromise does have the easy and inexpensive solution of just not buying it 🙂 There was never a simpler solution to a "problem".

You would probably understand if you were a gamer, with a sizable number of games you prefer to have in one spot instead of having to install multiple stores/drm platforms...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goates said:

Yep, and several others...  Still it's fun to read what people are "sure" of, when they really have no clue what they are talking about... 🙄

12 hours ago, djbully said:

So there you have it Microsoft, you wont get a penny out of me until I can order it on Steam. 

Oh, one caveat: I won't buy also if there is no Track IR support. Currently there is not, one month from release!!!!!  😱😱😱

Thats sad to hear, but without you, this saves then some bandwidth on the MS servers for MY windows store version FS20... so have fun waiting.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

17 hours ago, ca_metal said:

But what I’m saying is, I’m pretty sure we will be able to use things we buy at MS store on the Steam version of the sim.

That's not a guarantee, though. DCS is sold both on ED's own website and Steam. And the two versions aren't compatible. People with the Steam version who want in on the latest beta stuff like the Supercarrier addon have to convert to the ED version, after which I believe they can no longer launch via Steam. And I'm not even sure you can convert everything - I converted the A10 module that I bought years ago, but didn't have any other Steam modules to experiment with.

15 hours ago, rtodepart said:

I have a few games there but if i had a dollar per every time i get a email from steam with security msg ill be the owner of a few sports teams ... 

I think that's happened once to me, and then I got Lastpass and started generating obnoxious passwords. Never had a breach since.

I like Steam too, but if something I want isn't available there, I'll happily buy it elsewhere. 

If the only platform available to buy it on was the MS store, I'd still buy it... but I will definitely at least be waiting until launch day to see if it is on Steam, where I'd *much* rather buy it.

20 hours ago, djbully said:

Though I'd post here as they seem to read this forum more than their own forum!

I wont be buying this until it is available on STEAM. I have used Steam for many many years, since the start CS 1.6 FTW!

I am not going to buy another version in the hope that you can add it to Steam at a later date. Often it never works out.

So there you have it Microsoft, you wont get a penny out of me until I can order it on Steam. 

Oh, one caveat: I won't buy also if there is no Track IR support. Currently there is not, one month from release!!!!!  😱😱😱

Thank you very much 💪

Well, the program is now doomed.  It was relying on this one sale.

They never used Steam, someone else put it there.  And there are lots of other things to put in place before track ir.

Get off your high horse.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]