Sign in to follow this  
cvandenberg01

[Resolved] AI Lights Too Bright

Hello,

This may have been addressed, although I can't find a fix for it.  

The lights on the AI aircraft look like huge fireballs/orbs and looks unrealistic.

Any fixes for this?

P3D 4.5

FSReborn Professional 

ORBX 

AIG for my AI Aircraft

Thanks in advance,

Chad Vandenberg

2 hours ago, cvandenberg01 said:

Hello,

This may have been addressed, although I can't find a fix for it.  

The lights on the AI aircraft look like huge fireballs/orbs and looks unrealistic.

Any fixes for this?

P3D 4.5

FSReborn Professional 

ORBX 

AIG for my AI Aircraft

Thanks in advance,

Chad Vandenberg

Chad,

Have you reduce the sizes of the effects via the GUI and selected the FSReborn scaling techniques? have a look at the tutorial posted in the forums it is posted as a stiky.

Regards,

Simbol

Hi Simbol, I’m using VR so everything looks a little different than on the flat screen. But in VR my daytime AILRP lights appear too big and bright like large white balls covering the entire aircraft in the distance, like reported above. I initially put it down to a LM limitation but thought I’d run it past you. 

My big white balls problem night or day (although night I can tolerate it more) relates to long distance. Is AILRP controlling the AI landing lights in the far distance as well or is P3D. I’ve set the landing lights scale to -50 but doesn’t seem to change the size when seeing AI in the far distance.

However all other lights (strobes, navs) I can adjust to my perfection for VR and have them looking great through the headset.

As the aircraft get closer (2-3 miles) the landing lights slowly reduce to a more normal size.

Also while I’m here, in the far distance and thanks to your software I’m seeing AI strobes in the far distance (at night) but there’s a slight blue tinge in the color. Up close (less than a mile or so) the strobes are white and perfect as well as slightly reflecting off of the side of the AI aircraft which is really cool. Just wondering if strobes use a different LM default texture when AI are far off in the distance that I’ve somehow installed that added this slight blue tinge.

thx

7 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Hi Simbol, I’m using VR so everything looks a little different than on the flat screen. But in VR my daytime AILRP lights appear too big and bright like large white balls covering the entire aircraft in the distance, like reported above. I initially put it down to a LM limitation but thought I’d run it past you. 

My big white balls problem night or day (although night I can tolerate it more) relates to long distance. Is AILRP controlling the AI landing lights in the far distance as well or is P3D. I’ve set the landing lights scale to -50 but doesn’t seem to change the size when seeing AI in the far distance.

However all other lights (strobes, navs) I can adjust to my perfection for VR and have them looking great through the headset.

As the aircraft get closer (2-3 miles) the landing lights slowly reduce to a more normal size.

Also while I’m here, in the far distance and thanks to your software I’m seeing AI strobes in the far distance (at night) but there’s a slight blue tinge in the color. Up close (less than a mile or so) the strobes are white and perfect as well as slightly reflecting off of the side of the AI aircraft which is really cool. Just wondering if strobes use a different LM default texture when AI are far off in the distance that I’ve somehow installed that added this slight blue tinge.

thx

Hi Ice,

All the rendering is done by P3D, if you remove AILRP you will notice how the lights will look even bigger for you as my add-on works in trying to reduce this issue.

Having said that, are you using the FSReborn scaling techniques via the AILRP configuration panel? this is extremely useful for large screens and VR. This option will replace the particle shaders with my own making lights scale based on distance rather than "pixels". It will also use less pixel sizes per world position allowing the lights to look much better on Projectors, Large Screen and VR.

I suggest you select the HD option which will use even less pixels per size and reduce the landing lights in AILRP to -50%. A couple of weeks ago another customer with VR did the same question and these settings helped him a lot.

oh I forgot to ask, are you on V4.5 or V5?

Regards,

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Hi Simbol,

Thanks for your reply, I know you are always busy. I'm using P3dv5HF2 and I'm already using full HD scaling technique. However I prefer to use FSReborn landing lights as they look better than the default but unfortunately I need to use P3D default because your lights are visible from behind the aircraft. For example when AI takeoff in front of you their landing lights are visible. 

But I'm relatively happy with how I have your software setup and I will put the landing light size issue down to sim limitations. Its a huge improvement from what we use to have before your product came out.

Is the same large ball like landing lights seen during the day something you can turn off or turn down with your software or is this also a LM SIM limitation also?

3 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Hi Simbol,

Thanks for your reply, I know you are always busy. I'm using P3dv5HF2 and I'm already using full HD scaling technique. However I prefer to use FSReborn landing lights as they look better than the default but unfortunately I need to use P3D default because your lights are visible from behind the aircraft. For example when AI takeoff in front of you their landing lights are visible. 

Yes, this is a bug with V5 HF2, what should happen is that from behind any custom effects for landing lights should not be rendered. I only noticed the problem few weeks before the release of HF2 so there was no time for it to be addressed with the HF2 general release. However Lockheed Martin is fully aware of this issue as I reported it to them, they told me this will be fixed with their next public update.

5 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

But I'm relatively happy with how I have your software setup and I will put the landing light size issue down to sim limitations. Its a huge improvement from what we use to have before your product came out.

Is the same large ball like landing lights seen during the day something you can turn off or turn down with your software or is this also a LM SIM limitation also?

Landing lights can be visible during the day depending of certain lighting conditions, for example dusk, etc.This is currently decided and calculated by P3D and not by AILRP.

I did lots of experiments and I do have the possibility to override all these by using my own controls and simulation, but it could come at a performance price as I would have to control all the AI models in the reality bubble.. so if someone has a massive amount of traffic it will have some impact inventively. For this reason I decided to let P3D handling everything and only control what is safe to do in order to keep providing a zero performance impact solution.

I think the best solution would be to create a custom shader for VR environments as I did for HD / 4K. unfortunately I do not have a VR set.. would you be willing to work with me on this as a guinea pig? if you send me a PM and we can schedule some works at the end of the month to discover what is the best setting for VR so I can then create the required configuration for general public access.

Regards,
Simbol

Sure no problem. I’m off to bed now as it’s gone past midnight here downunder so I’ll PM you later. 

thx

• Like 1

Simbol,

I have completed the recommendations that you suggested and it is definitely better.  The landing lights have a much smaller fireball look to it but it is still there a little bit.  I reduced the landing lights to -50% and chose the Full HD option.  Is there anything else I can try?  I have a 42" monitor/TV 4K.  The resolution in P3D is 3840x2160x32, if that even matters?  

Anyways, love the product but still searching for the perfect look.

Thanks a ton for your help so far.

Chad Vandenberg 

• Like 1

Simbol,

I have completed the recommendations that you suggested and it is definitely better.  The landing lights have a much smaller fireball look to it but it is still there a little bit.  I reduced the landing lights to -50% and chose the Full HD option.  Is there anything else I can try?  I have a 42" monitor/TV 4K.  The resolution in P3D is 3840x2160x32, if that even matters?  

Chad Vandenberg 

Try using different landing lights textures, if you click on the picture of the landing lights you can choose a different shape for them. Try selecting one that works perhaps better in your environment.

Reduce HDR and Bloom in your settings, it will also help to reduce this further.

S.

Simbol,

Chad Vandenberg 

Chad, as Simpol just said light bloom made a lot of difference to me in VR. I even used ENVSHADE to reduce the bloom effect even more by reducing the slider to a minimum. This reduced the size of the stars a lot also but I have since lowered the star size number in the STAR CFG and have perfect tiny stars now. But low/no bloom setting help considerably.