Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

P3Dv5 HF2 Toronto addon recommendations?

I'm primarily looking for CYTZ (Billy Bishop) but if there's a better option than FlyTampa's CYYZ, please let me know! 

I'm surprised how many versions of CYTZ are out there (FSIMStudios, Skyline Sims, MFSG, CanadaSim....). Skyline's offering looks like the largest download size, and newest, but reviews are not stellar.  Any tips on which is best and working in P3Dv5HF2? 

TIA,

sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Orbx Global Freeware Airports include a nice CYTZ, but the default Toronto downtown area is not excluded so you end up with two CN towers etc..

If someone could give me instructions on how to remove the default V5 Toronto scenery, I would be very thankful..

• Like 2

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Orbx Global Freeware Airports include a nice CYTZ, but the default Toronto downtown area is not excluded so you end up with two CN towers etc..

If someone could give me instructions on how to remove the default V5 Toronto scenery, I would be very thankful..

Bert

Use ADE 179. Open the stock airport CYTZ. Delete all the stock objects, compile and save but the created BGL in the Orbx Global Freeware Airports scenery folder. No need to rename the bgl.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

36 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Bert

Use ADE 179. Open the stock airport CYTZ. Delete all the stock objects, compile and save but the created BGL in the Orbx Global Freeware Airports scenery folder. No need to rename the bgl.

Greg

OK... where do I find the stock airport CYTZ?  I have searched for it and cannot find it..

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

But Global Freeware Airports doesn't support P3Dv5 😞

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK... where do I find the stock airport CYTZ?  I have searched for it and cannot find it..

Bert

Click on file. The second entry in the drop down is open stock airport, click on that. A window will open allowing you to enter CYTZ and click to open it. You may then modify it.

Greg

Greg Morin

1 hour ago, Malcolm Street said:

But Global Freeware Airports doesn't support P3Dv5 😞

They work if you make an exclude file.

Greg

Greg Morin

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, gregmorin said:

They work if you make an exclude file.

Greg

Hi Greg,

If this gets too far into the weeds, please let me know and maybe we can take it offline, but here is my situation.

In P3DV4, the Orbx Global Airports work, and contain a replacement CYTZ.

Because the downtown buildings are not in their correct locations, I used ADE to rearrange them into their proper places.  The compiled bgl was then used to replace the one that came with the Orbx pack.  All that worked correctly and the Toronto city core showed up correctly.

Now comes V5... When I add the Orbx pack, I get duplicate CN Towers and duplicate bank buildings.. It is as if the exclude no longer works.

The video above does not quite address my situation I believe, but maybe it does..

Does this make sense to you?

Bert

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Greg,

If this gets too far into the weeds, please let me know and maybe we can take it offline, but here is my situation.

In P3DV4, the Orbx Global Airports work, and contain a replacement CYTZ.

Because the downtown buildings are not in their correct locations, I used ADE to rearrange them into their proper places.  The compiled bgl was then used to replace the one that came with the Orbx pack.  All that worked correctly and the Toronto city core showed up correctly.

Now comes V5... When I add the Orbx pack, I get duplicate CN Towers and duplicate bank buildings.. It is as if the exclude no longer works.

The video above does not quite address my situation I believe, but maybe it does..

Does this make sense to you?

Bert

The exclude file you made from the Orbx file is probably still working. Most I made for V4 continue to work. A few have elevations issues in V5. The V5 issue is that LM has changed the default airports. This means that the file Orbx made is not excluding the stock values. Your original bgl fixed the Orbx. You now need to fix the STOCK file. If the buildings you mention are in the stock airport area you can delete them with ADE. It can be hard to determine which building is which. I simply delete all objects except runways, taxiways and navaids. It can be time consuming if there are a lot of small objects. If the objects you want to exclude are in the city and not airport stock files, I am also stumped.

Greg

Greg Morin

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Bert

The exclude file you made from the Orbx file is probably still working. Most I made for V4 continue to work. A few have elevations issues in V5. The V5 issue is that LM has changed the default airports. This means that the file Orbx made is not excluding the stock values. Your original bgl fixed the Orbx. You now need to fix the STOCK file. If the buildings you mention are in the stock airport area you can delete them with ADE. It can be hard to determine which building is which. I simply delete all objects except runways, taxiways and navaids. It can be time consuming if there are a lot of small objects. If the objects you want to exclude are in the city and not airport stock files, I am also stumped.

Greg

Hi Greg,

As best I can tell, the buildings are not in the stock CYTZ airport file, but in the NAME\Toronto.bgl file.

However, the Orbx CYTZ files include the buildings.. just to complicate matters.. 🙃

Bert

22 hours ago, Gridley said:

I'm primarily looking for CYTZ (Billy Bishop) but if there's a better option than FlyTampa's CYYZ, please let me know! 

I'm surprised how many versions of CYTZ are out there (FSIMStudios, Skyline Sims, MFSG, CanadaSim....). Skyline's offering looks like the largest download size, and newest, but reviews are not stellar.  Any tips on which is best and working in P3Dv5HF2? 

TIA,

sg

Any chance that we can return this thread back to the original question and take the other issue off-line ?

I for one would be very interested to hear more feedback on the Toronto alternatives...

Regards

• Like 1