Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2005

FS20 installation location

Folks,

Maybe I'm stupid, but I cannot find a default location of the installed files. Would appreciate any hint

Followed Bert's process for drive selection and moved the early install files to my NVME-SSD, Disc "J".  Today's 1 gb offering went straight to my J drive without any action from me at all.  I didn't even know about it until I went to look for it and settings/apps showed it to live on the J drive.  Easy-pezee!

1 hour ago, James Callan said:

Followed Bert's process for drive selection and moved the early install files to my NVME-SSD, Disc "J".  Today's 1 gb offering went straight to my J drive without any action from me at all.  I didn't even know about it until I went to look for it and settings/apps showed it to live on the J drive.  Easy-pezee!

But in which directory? MS Games is empty!

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

But in which directory? MS Games is empty!

WindowsApps

Bert

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The saga continues..

I had moved my initial MSFS app to my dedicated SSD, but guess what.. MS just sent me a 1 GB update.. and it went back to my C drive, ignoring my previous move.

I have now moved the app one more time, and have 1 GB of stuff on my dedicated SSD.

Heaven only knows where the big download will chose to go.. 😄

Hi Burt, have you been in on the Alpha/Beta versions, if not I wonder If what happened to some of the guys that have had a full beta install. I would only have about 60Gb free on my C drive so a full install there would fail. However when I signed up for the x-box for PC install I was given the chance to name a path and I chose my dedicated ssd (E:) and that is where the pre-install has been placed.

I would like to hear from anyone that has already done a full beta install.

Edited by antonvs

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

19 minutes ago, antonvs said:

Hi Burt, have you been in on the Alpha/Beta versions, if not I wonder If what happened to some of the guys that have had a full beta install. I would only have about 60Gb free on my C drive so a full install there would fail. However when I signed up for the x-box for PC install I was given the chance to name a path and I chose my dedicated ssd (E:) and that is where the pre-install has been placed.

I would like to hear from anyone that has already done a full beta install.

No, I have not..

Bert

I have just looked in my c-drive and noticed I have the following files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7guybip9a2l6vfu/IMG_5224.jpg?dl=0

From this directory

https://www.dropbox.com/s/meoi53nex5xgqtt/IMG_5225.jpg?dl=0

I also notice that MFS installed into the WindowsApps folder on my E-drive and that is a locked folder which then makes me wonder how we are going to check on how we have MFS installed. It worries me on how we can keep a flight sim going if we can’t see the structure.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

32 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

All this worry in here over nothing...... 

Not worry, just healthy discussion on a subject that thru different simms, has been a significant part of our lives for many decades 

• Like 1

Anyone know if there will be any problems with the Steam version ?

Steam allows installation anywhere.

Wondering if Orbx installations from Central will still work with the Steam version.

Microsoft Store is not a place a right minded individual wants to spend any time in.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:00 AM, Wallboy said:

Does anyone know the required Windows 10 build version for MSFS 2020? Can a Win 10 LTSC version install it?

When you install it it auto updates to the required build, drivers etc.

Mind you, I downloaded via Game Pass.

If I decide to buy full version at some point for addons, I will prolly get from Steam.

On 7/17/2020 at 12:47 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Ask the MS Support team... they are keen to help 😉

The " Microsoft support team ".

......Lol. A bit like Army Intelligence.... a theoretical concept whose existence is still open to debate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, antonvs said:

Not worry, just healthy discussion on a subject that thru different simms, has been a significant part of our lives for many decades 

Like the choke in a car. Something we don’t need to worry about anymore. Same for the above discussion. 

34 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Like the choke in a car. Something we don’t need to worry about anymore. Same for the above discussion.