Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

ChasePlane licence transfer fails

I have received an email from OldProp Products saying I need to transfer my ChasePlane licence to Orbx. I login and press the Transfer button and I'm switched to my Orbx accunt.

But a message appears saying it failed because I already own the product. It appears in my list of purchased products. Can I safely ignore this?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

By the  looks of  it  you  already had  transfered it  already? before is  most likey  the  reason  you are getting  the  error

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

28 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

By the  looks of  it  you  already had  transfered it  already? before is  most likey  the  reason  you are getting  the  error

Indeed I have and it works including the latest update applied today. So why the email from OldProp? Hopefully Kevin can answer that one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

i got  the  same  email  its  just  reminding  everyone  to  transferr   your  chase  plane  across  thats all,  i  didnt  use  the  transferr  since  i knew  i already had  done  it, if  i had  most likely  get  the  same  error  as  you.  Have  you uninstalled  the  vfx  central exe from  your  pc

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

@pete_auau, yes, VFX Central installed and ChasePlane updatable from there.

You'd think there would be a checking mechanism that was selective about sending emails.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@pete_auau, yes, VFX Central installed and ChasePlane updatable from there.

You'd think there would be a checking mechanism that was selective about sending emails.

you  were  suppose  to uninstall vfx  exe  after   you had   transferred   all  your products   to  orbx

Open VFXCentral.exe on your sim PC;

6Uninstall all your OldProp products. If you own ChasePlane don’t worry, your camera presets will transfer over to your new ChasePlane install. Do NOT remove the files located in %appdata%\OldProp Solutions inc\ChasePlane manually. They are required for the migration of your presets;

7Uninstall VFXCentral from the Windows Control Panel;

8Install the latest version of Orbx Central (Get it here). Products will not work with the older FTX Central.

9Launch Orbx Central and install your products. They will be found in the Utilities section.

Edited by pete_auau

Peter kelberg

@pete_auau, I’ve got the latest version of ORBX Central. I have all my products registered there. Mistake on my part saying VFX Central.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@pete_auau, I’ve got the latest version of ORBX Central. I have all my products registered there. Mistake on my part saying VFX Central.

ok no worries  if  all works  than nothing  to worry  about 🙂

Peter kelberg

9 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

ok no worries  if  all works  than nothing  to worry  about 🙂

It does. I was wary of switching to Orbx Central after reading of a few horror stories.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather