Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Is the Premium edition worth it? By X-Check

This is a great video that really puts the value proposition of the new sim in perspective.

• Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

It's hard to take it seriously when it starts right off the bat by assuming that the included planes are "payware quality" no one but the alpha testers under nda have seen just a small portion of the included planes.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

It's hard to take it seriously when it starts right off the bat by assuming that the included planes are "payware quality" no one but the alpha testers under nda have seen just a small portion of the included planes.

Well he is in the alpha sooooo. Also with just the videos they've put out you can tell that there's a lot more functionality in these default planes than previous default offerings from previous sims, not to mention the fact that they look fantastic

• Like 4

The best option here is to sign up for a months gamepass for $1 and check out the default aircraft to see what you think of them and then make your choice if you think they're worth paying extra to get more of them or not.

It's personal opinion as to how good you think the aircraft are so only you can make that choice, but better to spend a dollar and make an informed choice than an extra $60 gamble and possibly be disappointed.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

For me it has nothing to do with the aircraft, the jetliners it comes with, will be nothing like a PMDG or a FSL, but if people want to us MSFS for fun or like a game then they get more toys to play with. It's a good why to get introduced to flight simming. But don't kid yourself your anyway close to a PMDG, FSL, Maddog, Q400

I will buy the prem for the airports, a good high end addon airport cost around £25 so to a Euro simer like me EGLL/ EDDF/EHAM to name just 3 is a good deal.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not all payware aircraft are PMDG or FLS level. The comparison is still good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm quite sure the default aircraft will at least reach Carenado Level. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Not all payware aircraft are PMDG or FLS level. The comparison is still good.

Yes. I would say, from what I've seen so far - and that ain't much - is the quality of the defaults will be on a par with Carenado in terms of systems modelling.  You can go fairly deep in to the systems but far from 100% accurately with real world counterpart.

Texture-wise of course - they'll naturally far exceed anything we've seen before.

** Sorry Farlis - you must have posted that up while I was writing this one.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Upvote 1

Abacus, Wilco, and Carenado are all examples of Payware quality aircraft. 😉

• Like 3

• not seen the Video, but have a lot of time for x-check, and a few others who have been producing good content whilst all those who were at Renton have not.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

This is a great video that really puts the value proposition of the new sim in perspective.

Take the youtube videos with a grain of salt.

After August 18th. we will see real reviews and videos of the software.

There is absolutely no reason to pre-order. So once it releases you should be able to figure out if it's worth $120 to you.

Yes, I agree, it would be very hard to believe that the airliners are anywhere near FSL or even PMDG in terms of system depth and immersion. What I am hoping is that the GA aircraft are modeled well, proper start up and shut down procedures, operating characteristics and limits. If this is done I will be quite happy and I am hopeful this will be the case largely because of the (reportedly) improved flight models. If this is so, my transition to MFS will be pretty rapid as I can spend a long time flying GA aircraft in the "new world" while I wait for the airliners.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

50 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:
  • not seen the Video, but have a lot of time for x-check, and a few others who have been producing good content whilst all those who were at Renton have not.

X-Check was invited but he got really sick and wasn't able to attend. But yeah, them inviting AirforceProud was a waste of money imo. Sure he has a huge following but he barely did anything with the opportunity he got.