Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Radio silence from A2A

We have had declarations of interest and partnership  or serious hints from several top-tier developers except for one or two. Like A2A which has provided most of my FSX and P3D fleet. A2A seemed very busy with their contracts with the USAF these recent years. Are we going to see their birds in FS20 ? Should we think that no news is good news ?

They are awfully quiet.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes Dom, I definitely think no news is good news. A2A will be on it. All over it in fact.

Scott will just appear one day and announce they've brought the fleet in to MSFS.

Then we'll be flying the most highly accurate aircraft in the most highly accurate world. It's going to be craaaazy.

• Like 3

I own five A2A planes, they are my favorite planes to fly in P3D.  I sincerely hope they produce content for the new MFS.

I don't know, what they do for the USAF, but for a2a to stay only with FSX/P3D and not to develop for MSFS would be commercial suicide. I can't wait to get my hands again on their Connie, which I miss greatly in XP11.

Edited by bernd1151
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

34 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Are we going to see their birds in FS20 ? Should we think that no news is good news ?

Yes and yes (I hope and suspect😀)

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

I don't know, what they do for the USAF, but for a2a to stay only with FSX/P3D and not to develop for MSFS would be commercial suicide. I can't wait to get my hands again on their Connie, which I miss greatly in XP11.

About a year ago they announced they were working on a T6A and T38A trainers for the military and thinking of porting them to the consumers. Not much since. I think that Milviz, very quiet too btw, does that with the T38C. They also said, more recently,  they were busy on  their Aerostar.  Platform unknwon..

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68331&hilit=turbo

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I too am hoping that no news is good news! I own the C172 for FSX and have loved flying it. I have spent many, many hours doing traffic patterns and cross country flights in the Southern UK Orbx scenery.

Unistalled it all in readiness for MSFS in a months time. Although my laptop is going to seriously stuggle, it just about meets the min spec. I only have 8gb of ram so going to do an upgrade to my laptops max of 20gb.

• Like 1

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

44 minutes ago, Matt Barraud said:

I too am hoping that no news is good news! I own the C172 for FSX and have loved flying it. I have spent many, many hours doing traffic patterns and cross country flights in the Southern UK Orbx scenery.

Unistalled it all in readiness for MSFS in a months time. Although my laptop is going to seriously stuggle, it just about meets the min spec. I only have 8gb of ram so going to do an upgrade to my laptops max of 20gb.

There are two 172 in the new sim so in any case you are covered 😉. We are also well covered with Cubs.  Now if they could port the T-6 (the old one) and the P-51 civ <sigh>.  The Comanche too of course and the Skylane. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Now if they could port the T-6 (the old one) and the P-51 civ

+1 plus the P-47, Spitfire and then I would need a decent Bf-109 and I'm in vintage plane heaven. Oh, I forgot a DC-3, the M. Jahn freeware 😃

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

16 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

There are two 172 in the new sim so in any case you are covered 😉. We are also well covered with Cubs.  Now if they could port the T-6 (the old one) and the P-51 civ <sigh>.  The Comanche too of course and the Skylane. 

The Cub's look awesome, can't wait to do some back country flying!

What an adventure flying around the world would be if you didn't land at any airport! 🙂

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

22 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Yes Dom, I definitely think no news is good news. A2A will be on it. All over it in fact.

Scott will just appear one day and announce they've brought the fleet in to MSFS.

Then we'll be flying the most highly accurate aircraft in the most highly accurate world. It's going to be craaaazy.

They might be accurate, but they’re going to look ugly compared to msfs defaults if not substantially updated. I flew the bonanza yesterday, vc looked subpar. Like a lot of devs, there’s plenty of work to be done if these planes are going to hold their own in the new sim.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

34 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

They might be accurate, but they’re going to look ugly compared to msfs defaults if not substantially updated. I flew the bonanza yesterday, vc looked subpar. Like a lot of devs, there’s plenty of work to be done if these planes are going to hold their own in the new sim.

You’re in the alpha or just comparing with the screenshots ? The A2A VC don’t look so bad on my 2560x1440 27’’. My only complaints would be the contrast with the external luminosity and the shadow resolution, not an A2A issue.

In any case, they make some aircraft like the Texan or the P-51 or the P40 that we are not going to see anytime soon from other 3PD. I take them as is 😉.

Dominique

The SDK will also be updated over the coming years I assume. I'm sure one day A2A will release aircraft for MSFS, it's just a matter of time,

• Like 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

We've got four SDK updates in the next two months according to the development roadmap. If it does not feel complete enough for A2A right now, I'm sure it will at some point.

If Carenado will keep focusing on add-ons with rather low system complexity, the "incomplete" SDK might be less detrimental to their goals. I can't say I'm too excited for this partnership honestly, I wouldn't like to see the official marketplace filled with buggy and unoptimised aircraft. I hope they sort this out, and that the quality of the default aircraft motivate them to raise the bar.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1