Sign in to follow this  
Roeland91

FS Passengers for MSFS

Hi all,

New to this community but a FS-lover since 2000. I was wondering does any of you know if FS Passengers will be released for the new MSFS?

Really added to the experience in FS2004, FSX!

Probably not, it was never updated for P3DV4 or consequently V5. There are other similar programs out there that continue to receive support that likely will be updated though.

FSCaptain
FSEconomy
AirHauler 2
Tfdi PACX
Self-Loading Cargo

No one program exactly does what FSPassengers did but you can find aspects of it in other programs.

Edited by JasonPC

Last time I looked, FSEconomy was refusing to move up to the FSX airport database, which meant you'd find missions to and from Meigs Field. I'd be surprised if they were motivated to move their operation into the modern world.

As soon as a stable SDK is released containing the right facilities (a SimConnect or equivalent) for the new sim the FSCaptain team will be working to port the product to it.

We current support all platforms in the FS family from FS9 to P3DV5.

Dutch

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

14 hours ago, eslader said:

Last time I looked, FSEconomy was refusing to move up to the FSX airport database, which meant you'd find missions to and from Meigs Field. I'd be surprised if they were motivated to move their operation into the modern world.

Even though he airport database is pretty old, they have been updating the plugin  (the xplane scripts at least were updated within the past year and work in vulkan)  i dont use p3d so unsure about that.   the airport thing doesnt bother me since, before I pick an assignment i make sure the airports are in skyvector or at minimum i check if they are in x-planes airport list. 

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

Love it that X-Plane pops up, always in a thread about an add-on for MSFS.

It will be interesting to see add-ons for MSFS, as the developers have something far better than what they had before to work with.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

NONE of those products get the mindset space that FS Passgeners filled. It was about giving the player the sense of actually carrying souls on board. All the other products mainly focus on the business aspect which does not appeal to a lot of us. We are much more interested in the immersion factor, not the data factor. Having a late departure, or not trying to find a smoother altitude, forgetting to turn off the seat belt sign, etc. All of that was just fun. You could feel the angst of the passengers back there ebbing and flowing as the flight progressed. Getting income and such just doesn't even play in the same ballpark.

• Upvote 1

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Have you tried Self Loading Cargo?  It is much better than FS Passengers in that respect. 

26 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

Have you tried Self Loading Cargo?  It is much better than FS Passengers in that respect. 

No. I just found out about it from a reddit post and reached out to the author. Here's hoping he's gung-ho on doing an FS 2020 port. It looks very much like a product that could fill this void.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:31 AM, Agrajag said:

NONE of those products get the mindset space that FS Passgeners filled. It was about giving the player the sense of actually carrying souls on board. All the other products mainly focus on the business aspect which does not appeal to a lot of us. We are much more interested in the immersion factor, not the data factor. Having a late departure, or not trying to find a smoother altitude, forgetting to turn off the seat belt sign, etc. All of that was just fun. You could feel the angst of the passengers back there ebbing and flowing as the flight progressed. Getting income and such just doesn't even play in the same ballpark.

I agree however I would say I am one of the few that likes the business aspect that FS Passengers brought and it was basic enough that it wasn't a burden but my thing is I wanted to "own" the aircraft that I flew. It made tough landings that much more enjoyable as I knew I would would be responsible for any damage. Unfortunately like someone else pointed out all these programs only tackle a couple of aspects of what we had in one single program like FS Passengers. FS Captain has something I like in it regarding the failures it can produce but doesn't have what I like in Self Loading cargo however Neither have the tycoon aspect of actually owning aircraft like Air Hauler 2. I really miss FS Passengers 😣

On 8/15/2020 at 6:31 AM, Agrajag said:

I'd like to gently point out that FSCaptain fully simulates passengers in aircraft.  Late departures or arrivals, excessively rough air, or forgetting to turn on or off the belt sign are all things that can negatively affect your score and possibly cause passenger complaints.  In addition to those, you can disturb them in many more ways - such as failing to manage the cabin temperature or pressure properly or of course steep banks, climbs or dives.  You also have potential cabin emergencies such as medical or smoke.  The only thing we don't have is a meter measuring passenger satisfaction and that's deliberate, because such a thing doesn't exist in the real world.

Dutch

Edited by Dutch727

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.