Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

B787 expandable?

Perhaps it will be possible, for example, to buy extensions to the 787 for system depth?

Graphically, all planes are great! While others like pmdg always rebuild the entire aircraft, another approach would interest me: 

Add-ons for the system depth which have been programmed by someone to individually expand (buy).

Do people have access to standard planes through the SDK?

It would be a shame to not unlock the full potential of the 787 but also the same applies to the a320 and 747. Would be a waste of all the fantastic visuals if they lacked some real system depth too.

I hope, that no 🙂 I strictly dislike, if I must buy something piece by piece. I like buy only complete product. Especially plane add-on, where you must buy separately FMC, MCP...

35 minutes ago, Deleted said:

Do people have access to standard planes through the SDK?

That's a good question. It would open the door for projects like the Zibo. Just next level.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Microsoft / Asobo, y’all need to make this happen please. One of the best parts about X-Plane was developers’ ability to modify the sim and create add-ons. I know the Zibo Mod 737 (an extension to the base freeware 737 in X-Plane) helped draw popularity to the sim and was ultimately the reason why I even flew on XP11. Allow developers and users to create systems extensions on airplanes (modify the FMC, etc. to create a more realistic system, along with dials, gauges, knobs)

1 minute ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Microsoft / Asobo, y’all need to make this happen please. One of the best parts about X-Plane was developers’ ability to modify the sim and create add-ons.

What do you think the SDK (Software Development Kit) is for? While not yet fully complete and polished, it will be available in due course.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hm, But I thought of individual building blocks. Not complete planes. For example, if I find a kit for a better FMC in the store with an excellent rating, I can add it for, say, $ 5.

12 minutes ago, Deleted said:

Hm, But I thought of individual building blocks. Not complete planes. For example, if I find a kit for a better FMC in the store with an excellent rating, I can add it for, say, $ 5.

Considering that all such packages are 3d modeled and compiled into the sim aircraft package, such a replacement scheme simply cannot work.

Fr. Bill    

46 minutes ago, n4gix said:

What do you think the SDK (Software Development Kit) is for? While not yet fully complete and polished, it will be available in due course.

I guess I’m just unsure of what can be done with it. I’m hoping for the best. Ideally it’d be as easy to use as X-Plane’s aircraft editor so that someone could feasibly come along and create another Zibo! Not saying this isn’t possible, just saying that I don’t know what is possible but hope that it is.

Well, consider that ASOBO had to use the SDK's tools to create the aircraft, airport facilities, scenery models, et cetera to begin with, be sure and certain those same tools will be present in the SDK when it is released.

Fr. Bill    

5 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Well, consider that ASOBO had to use the SDK's tools to create the aircraft, airport facilities, scenery models, et cetera to begin with, be sure and certain those same tools will be present in the SDK when it is released.

I’m very excited 🙂

31 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Considering that all such packages are 3d modeled and compiled into the sim aircraft package, such a replacement scheme simply cannot work.

No, but anyone could easily copy the existing airplane, use the SDK to build their own FMC, and then give a download for the entire default plane + new FMC.

Out of interest, are we not getting good level of system depth on the commercial jets? Doesn't really bother me at the moment but intrigued after this post

1 hour ago, Deleted said:

Ok, but this is, what exactly I dislike 🙂 I allways preffer a complete product, no wants buy one screw, one tyre, one FMC, one MCP and must do a completed plane by myself. If I don't like some part of model, I will chose other complete model. But I understand you, I believe, that default planes will be made in a very high graphic and animation standard, so if will be possible "install" an advanced avionics and systems, it may be perfect model.

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

No, but anyone could easily copy the existing airplane, use the SDK to build their own FMC, and then give a download for the entire default plane + new FMC.

One would have to de-compile the visual model(s) before one could edit the mesh and materials. Such a de-compiler doesn't exist. It took many years for Arno Gerretsen to develop Model Converter X to allow such modifications to FSX and P3D models.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

16 minutes ago, n4gix said:

One would have to de-compile the visual model(s) before one could edit the mesh and materials. Such a de-compiler doesn't exist. It took many years for Arno Gerretsen to develop Model Converter X to allow such modifications to FSX and P3D models.

Umm, having said that n4 - I wonder if Arno's original MCX might throw up some things from the base code - and at least allow a load up of the airframes in MSFS?

After all, we're still talking about ESP - much changed but, ESP.

It's all very interesting. And we shall see what we shall see.

The thing that depresses most is Frame Rates that the Alphas are talking about. Please God, not that eternal struggle for decent frame rates...Nothing kills immersion like a PowerPoint Presentation over Heathrow, when you're on final in the B772F after a long, long journey.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese