Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

Has MS published a date for the beta release to testers?

Official release date and pre-ordering under way already - but has anyone heard a date for the release of the beta version to testers?

Cheers, Brian Robinson

Edited by ozzieblr

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Just now, ozzieblr said:

Cheers, Brian Robinson

You may want to delete this post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrNuke said:

You may want to delete this post.

I'd say wait until today's dev update. It's very likely the info he provided will actually be listed in the alpha build update. 

20 minutes ago, Dermot McClusky said:

I'd say wait until today's dev update. It's very likely the info he provided will actually be listed in the alpha build update. 

Which really doesn't matter. One party has agreed to a NDA not to disclose anything. The other party can choose to disclose whatever they want, and they still want control over that process.

Edited by MrNuke

2 minutes ago, MrNuke said:

Which really doesn't matter. One party has agreed to a NDA not to disclose anything. The other party can choose to disclose whatever they want, and they still want control over that process.

Okey dokey smokey.

1 hour ago, ozzieblr said:

Official release date and pre-ordering under way already - but has anyone heard a date for the release of the beta version to testers?

Cheers, Brian Robinson

There will be a two week beta, which is rediculous, beta tested alot of games, never of a two week one unless its for a ringtone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

There will be a two week beta, which is rediculous, beta tested alot of games, never of a two week one unless its for a ringtone.

I’ve never seen an Alpha run quite this way either so this 2 week Beta is not shocking. It undoubtedly has a very narrow, focused set of goals...or is going to be used as a vehicle to generate more pre release buzz...or both. 

Chris

6 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

To my knowledge, a "beta" doesn't have a pre-determined length. It'll vary widely depending on the state of the software and what needs to be finalized. You could be right that it's too short, or it could be that they only need a 2 week beta.

I think Asobo has been forced by Microsoft to release an unfinished product, the reason i dont know, something is very wrong here. You cant even find a page where they tell what is in the different versions and what is not. But good luck finding you house or even your street if this is how its supposed to look.

Edited by OHN767
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

You cant even find a page where they tell what is in the different versions and what is not. 

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-set-for-launch-on-august-18-for-pc-also-with-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/

This page tells you what is in the different versions. Wasn't too hard to find....

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

No but it wasent there yesterday, which it should  have been

Edited by OHN767

2 hours ago, OHN767 said:

I think Asobo has been forced by Microsoft to release an unfinished product, the reason i dont know, something is very wrong here. You cant even find a page where they tell what is in the different versions and what is not. But good luck finding you house or even your street if this is how its supposed to look.

I think you might be very pleasantly surprised ... I too wondered if it was really going to be ready this year, but the videos released so far are pretty amazing and should be an excellent guide as to what you will see.

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

1 hour ago, OHN767 said:

No but it wasent there yesterday, which it should  have been

That information has been available since the day they announced the August 18 release date.

Some people see what they want to see - or need glasses

off topic OB - like your sig! - I was just about to buy QW 787

for what - ??- $A 120 - now I get 29 other birds - 40 top airports -  as well as a new Sim - for 

around only $A 50 more -OK -  but the one in the sim might not be PMDG /QW "quality"

but I'm not that fussed which is shown by my flying freeware 787s at the moment😉