Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Market Place Partners

ORBX CEO (Anna Cico) announced earlier this week that they are involved with MSFS2020. At this juncture, it appears they willl revise as many of their airports to be compliant with the new platform.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/197150-orbx-and-microsoft-flight-simulator/

This is good news. Since I own quite a few of their airports, they will be cross-graded to MSFS at a lower cost than buying new. I look forward to that.

• Like 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

1 hour ago, XCLTM3 said:

ORBX CEO (Anna Cico) announced earlier this week that they are involved with MSFS2020. At this juncture, it appears they willl revise as many of their airports to be compliant with the new platform.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/197150-orbx-and-microsoft-flight-simulator/

This is good news. Since I own quite a few of their airports, they will be cross-graded to MSFS at a lower cost than buying new. I look forward to that.

Yes just read that on Microsoft 2020 FB page - Orbx posted it actually MFS page

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Yes just read that on Microsoft 2020 FB page - Orbx posted it actually MFS page

PS Rich,

where have you been all this time bud? Long time no hear.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

2 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

ORBX CEO (Anna Cico)

What happened to John I wonder. I’m surprised in a way that he’s no longer the CEO. Tried doing a search to find out what happened but couldn’t find anything on the change in leadership over there.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

40 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

What happened to John I wonder. I’m surprised in a way that he’s no longer the CEO. Tried doing a search to find out what happened but couldn’t find anything on the change in leadership over there.

John is still with the company that he founded and is the head of Research and Development. Below is the link for the Executive team.

https://orbx.group/team/

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

John is still there and involved. He's head of R&D. https://orbx.group/team/

Given the marketplace centralization which I like, I wonder if any separate vendor marketplace is now a thing of the past. I hope so. I'm really fed up with chasing updates, sales and multiple passwords from numerous sites. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Third party developers can (when approved) sell through the Marketplace, their own portals, or both. It's entirely their choice!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

I think it is great that Microsoft has allowed this flexibility to purchase on the Marketplace or through independent channels. However, I for one am looking forward to dealing with a single source for third-party purchases -- I am just tired of dealing with so many vendor stores, keeping separate passwords, downloaded from many places. It is nice to see Flight Simulator coming into the modern era!

• Like 11

Dan Scott

Does this mean that any product that is sold through marketplace will be vetted by MSFT or is this strictly another sales channel for the 3rd party dev companies?

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

10 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Does this mean that any product that is sold through marketplace will be vetted by MSFT or is this strictly another sales channel for the 3rd party dev companies?

Good question.

And what about compatibilty issues when the main sim gets updated and an addon might need to be adapted. Will these issues be handled automatically?

15 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Glad you're back, man!. That's the today's good news!.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

9 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

John is still with the company that he founded and is the head of Research and Development. Below is the link for the Executive team.

https://orbx.group/team/

9 hours ago, tonywob said:

John is still there and involved. He's head of R&D. https://orbx.group/team/

Thanks guys, I’d already seen that link prior. I guess I didn’t communicate my question very well, which was l wonder why he was either replaced or if he voluntarily stepped down? Assuming they have a board of directors, I wonder if they decided he came across as too abrasive to be the face of the company? That was my first thought anyway, but we’ll probably never find out the back story as it doesn’t look like any announcement was ever posted on the their site.

9 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Assuming they have a board of directors, I wonder if they decided he came across as too abrasive to be the face of the company?

Either that or JV just decided himself that he didn’t need the hassle anymore. It was pretty clear he was often uncomfortable with community management.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea