Sign in to follow this  
Mallard

UK retires Queen!

Just read the same news and what sad news 😭
She will be missed.

I had planned a spotter trip to both Amsterdam and London this year to see some 747 action before it was too late and now it looks like I am too late 😢

Luckily I did a spotter trip to Frankfurt last year and got some 747 and MD11 action.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Very sad day. Had the pleasure of being a passenger on the 747-400's back in the 90's from EGLL-KIAD BA222/BA223 

Apparently, this route did not have a good reputation for punctuality :) 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

Very sad day. Had the pleasure of being a passenger on the 747-400's back in the 90's from EGLL-KIAD BA222/BA223 

Apparently, this route did not have a good reputation for punctuality :) 

Likewise, Jude, in -200, same route, same flight number, enroute to State College, Pa.via UA's J41

• Like 1

That would include cargo of just passenger operations?.

Sad news anyway.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sad day today. First off, I got a headline notification on my phone this morning regarding BA's 747s and then I ended up emailing the Ministry of Defence regarding the grave of Guy Gibson's dog (Wg Cdr Gibson of 617 Dambusters Squadron fame and the grave at RAF Scampton). :nangis::marah:

That's all I'm saying on this forum (we have rules to follow) you will have to look it up for yourselves.:ph34r:

8 hours ago, edpatino said:

That would include cargo or just passenger operations?.

Not sure, Ed - would the freighters not be more cost effective than the pax versions.. or would BA's twin engined fleet cover their cargo requirements? Interesting. :cool:

Edited by HighBypass
clarification
  • Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I miss the old BOAC given that we kids had a neat acronym for them:

"Better On A Camel"

TWA was "Try Walking Awhile"

But PA was simply "PanAm" 

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wonder if PIA now stands for "Pain In the A.."? What?...  WHAT? :ph34r::biggrin:

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

39 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I miss the old BOAC given that we kids had a neat acronym for them:

"Better On A Camel"

TWA was "Try Walking Awhile"

But PA was simply "PanAm" 

I remember a Belgian airline being described as Such A Bad Experience Never Again.
Can't remember the name of the airline! 🤭

I will, however, miss the 747. Had some nice flights on AFR, BAW, KLM, JAL and ANA Queens to and from Japan over the years.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ezochi said:

I remember a Belgian airline being described as Such A Bad Experience Never Again.
Can't remember the name of the airline!

SABENA!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It would be great if BAW donated the three retro jets G-BYGC - G-BNLY & G-CIVB to Duxford Air Museum or similar in the UK. They are three gorgeous liveries and it would be a shame to see them being broken up for scrap! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, n4gix said:

SABENA!

Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive (DELTA).....................

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.