Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Quality of included airports .. ?

As I mainly fly in Europe I intend to purchase the Premium version as it includes : Amsterdam Schiphol , Paris Charles de Gaulle, Frankfurt , London Heathrow and Madrid.

Just out of curiosity: how do these airports compare to the same airports as Addons for P3D or XP ?

Anyone knows ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The airports are comparable to airports from flightbeam, orbx fly Tampa 

4 minutes ago, devgrp said:

The airports are comparable to airports from flightbeam, orbx fly Tampa 

Says who? 

• Upvote 2

One of their official videos showed a lot of KSFO (don't remember which one it was). From what could be seen there it looked to be on par with Flightbeam.

• Like 1

You may just have a look on the pre-order pages. There are a few shots from european airports like Amsterdam or Frankfurt.

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Says who? 

If someone is critical it's me, and no I'm not a tester and don't want to be and view as little as possible but I saw a 2m YT vid that was up for a bit and even a little known GA airport and enviro was impressive enough to make me double take.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Personally I find the previewed ones look rather cartoonish (but that's a matter of taste, and maybe something innate to MSFS), others have pointed out missing gate and taxiway signage (more of a necessity and hopefully already fixed). I'll wait to see if they are worth it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Personally.... I'll wait to see if they are worth it.

I would ten to agree but then again we really haven't seen a "simmer" do an honest flight yet, what I've seen anyway are amateurs just flying around not knowing what they're doing, but worth it compared to what ? purely scenery speaking by the looks of it compare any of the default GA airports to other sims is night and day.

Honestly there are things we just won't like and will still need to be tweaked but other things that will be jaw dropping.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Personally I find the previewed ones look rather cartoonish

I wonder if that's because everything is so pristine. Maybe if some of the buildings had rust or faded paint. And maybe if there are weeds and cracks in the pavements with some random oil stains, etc.

Sometimes a little dirt and grime came make the virtual world seem more real, and have less of a cartoonish look to it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

As I mainly fly in Europe I intend to purchase the Premium version as it includes : Amsterdam Schiphol , Paris Charles de Gaulle, Frankfurt , London Heathrow and Madrid.

Just out of curiosity: how do these airports compare to the same airports as Addons for P3D or XP ?

Anyone knows ?

You'll have to wait until August 18th, as none of the testers has the Premium Deluxe version which includes these airports.

46 minutes ago, SlowFlyer said:

I wonder if that's because everything is so pristine. Maybe if some of the buildings had rust or faded paint. And maybe if there are weeds and cracks in the pavements with some random oil stains, etc.

Sometimes a little dirt and grime came make the virtual world seem more real, and have less of a cartoonish look to it.

To me their airports look like you could enjoy your dinner from that apron. Definitely one of the reasons they look cartoonish.

• Like 2

To give you an idea of how effective their methodology is, I loaded up an airport in Africa that basically gets no treatment in any other sim (and I've been there many times in real life), and all the buildings were there via their ortho footprints and reasonably matched their real life counterparts. It looks as good as anyone could expect from non-hand crafted scenery. That's true for most other airports, but they are not done with their passes yet, so it could get even better by release.

If you are expecting every airport to be payware quality, you are going to be disappointed. But they are much better than anything we saw in stock FSX/P3D/XP11.

To caveat, there are 37000 airports, so you can bet they missed some, messed some up, etc. Everyone needs to be realistic while at the same time comparing it what the previous generation offered.

As to the hand-crafted airports, there are many videos showing those off. You can expect the same level of quality across all 40. If you think KSFO and KLAX look good, there's no reason to think Heathrow won't be just as detailed.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Says who? 

Well, I've flown around quite a few of them

28 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Well, I've flown around quite a few of them

Fairly certain that discussing things like this is a violation of the NDA you signed. Be careful.

• Upvote 1