Sign in to follow this  
Brianwhtn43

Recent comms Gauge not working

HI, 

Just installed the updated Vox atc for p3dv5, however the recent comms message box is not working. The gauge is there in the menu, but when you activate it, it is just a white box, no text ever appears in the box.

I tried unlocking it from the main screen and dragging it to my other monitor, but still no go, plain white box.

Any suggestions on how to fix, or what I may not have done correctly.

Do you need logs? if so which ones?

Thanks for updating program to P3dV5. 🙂

Brian

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

3 hours ago, brianwhtn43 said:

HI, 

Just installed the updated Vox atc for p3dv5, however the recent comms message box is not working. The gauge is there in the menu, but when you activate it, it is just a white box, no text ever appears in the box.

I tried unlocking it from the main screen and dragging it to my other monitor, but still no go, plain white box.

Any suggestions on how to fix, or what I may not have done correctly.

Do you need logs? if so which ones?

Thanks for updating program to P3dV5. 🙂

Brian

I'm assuming that you hear comms, so it's just the ATC window that's not working, correct? It sounds like VOXATC isn't finding the specific system font that's being used to populate the ATC window. Turn on the advanced VOXATC logging. If possible, make a zip file of all the log files and upload it to the cloud using DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.. Then send the link to the uploaded file via the official VOXATC website:

https://voxatc.com/Contact

If the file err.log is small enough, you can try attaching a zip file version of it to a post in this thread.

I should add that VOXATC does support a repair install from the Windows Control Panel, so if you have a corrupt install, that might fix the issue also. You could also try to uninstall and reinstall VOXATC.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm assuming that you hear comms, so it's just the ATC window that's not working, correct?

Not correct, The Main ATC window is fine, all text displaying, sounds ok. Its the other window - Recent comms, (text windows showing what the atc have just said), that is the issue. Its just a plain white box.

Going to try your suggestions, then send link to the logs,

thanks

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

Sorry, that's what I meant. You couldn't use VOXATC at all if the Main window was blank.😄

I have now sent a zipped log dropbox link on the main vox website, as per instructions

Can't see anywhere to upload the err.log file on here.

Tried your suggestions, repair, uninstall and re-install, still no text in the recent comms window.

Thanks for your help so far

🛩️ Brian Houghton

HI J,

I just wanted to let you know that I have now fixed the issue.

I read in another post about the same error, albeit for p3d V4, that it was possibly the visual c++ runtime distributables, So I installed all C++ resdists. Not sure which one fixed the issue, but installed 2010, 2012, and 2013 86x & 64 versions. Already had the 2015 - 2019 redists. As the was a new installation of the OS and P3dV5 the c++ files where never installed, which is why I never hjad the issue with P3d V4.

Anyway, I am babbling (as an old man does). Hopefully, this will help any potential new users if they have the same issue.

Thanks for your help

Brian 

🛩️ Brian Houghton