Sign in to follow this  
mrrcflying

Plans for MSFS 2020?

Are there any plans to implement Pilot2ATC in the new MS Flight Simulator.  I love it in x-plane.  Not sure if I could fly without it.

• Like 1

Yes.  But unfortunately, Microsoft did not include me in their alpha program so testing etc. will have to wait until after they roll out the product.

Dave

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Yes.  But unfortunately, Microsoft did not include me in their alpha program so testing etc. will have to wait until after they roll out the product.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for all the great work you put into P2ATC.  It is much appreciated, and I am looking forward to trying it out with FS2020.  I have been using it on my home built cockpit, and it adds a lot.

Here is a video of the cockpit from about a year ago.  I had a little problems with P2ATC at the time, but I think it is all worked out now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec9rCg8HhEI&t=764s

• Like 2

Will do!  I want to do some videos when I have FS2020 up and running.  The graphics look stunning, I just hope the performance is real.

4 hours ago, mrrcflying said:

I want to do some videos when I have FS2020 up and running.  The graphics look stunning,

Yes, but with no multi-screen facilities, how will you get your outside scenery views? That's what would stop me. I've reduced from three projectors to two recently (to offset performance problem moving to 4K) and use two widened scenery windows for my 200 degree view, but i don't see any way using it with MSFS until they do multiscreen support.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, but with no multi-screen facilities, how will you get your outside scenery views? That's what would stop me. I've reduced from three projectors to two recently (to offset performance problem moving to 4K) and use two widened scenery windows for my 200 degree view, but i don't see any way using it with MSFS until they do multiscreen support.

Pete

Pete,

According to the Feature Discovery episode 4 it will have multi screen support at launch.  I hope they have individual camera placement as well, as that would make it much easier.   

Go to about 3:00 in the video and he talks about cockpit builders, and multi screen support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=198&v=eLcSNppK14k&feature=emb_logo

Edited by mrrcflying

8 hours ago, mrrcflying said:

According to the Feature Discovery episode 4 it will have multi screen support at launch.

Well, I hope that's correct, but it isn't there yet. If the launched product is going to live up to all the hype in those publicity releases it's going to be a different program to the one us developers and alpha testers are allowed to run at present.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, I hope that's correct, but it isn't there yet. If the launched product is going to live up to all the hype in those publicity releases it's going to be a different program to the one us developers and alpha testers are allowed to run at present.

Pete

I see.  Well, that kind of dashes my hopes.  I was just assuming it was there already based on the discovery video.  If not, they are running out of time to implement it for the release.

8 hours ago, mrrcflying said:

If not, they are running out of time to implement it for the release.

Well, we've had another Alpha release very recently. My system is still downloading it. Maybe there's good news. Though of course as I'm bound by the NDA I probably can't say. Maybe I can hint.

Pete

8 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, we've had another Alpha release very recently. My system is still downloading it. Maybe there's good news. Though of course as I'm bound by the NDA I probably can't say. Maybe I can hint.

Pete

Just give me the wink.  LOL

I was hoping to get in the Alpha, having the cockpit and all, but they never came calling.  So I will be patiently waiting for another month. 

I don't understand why voice ATC is not more popular.   That silly menu-driven text ATC stuff is a joke!   People seem to really like that system but I definitely don't understand why.

At this point, I would have no interest in flying any sim without P2A!   And Dave is the best support I have encountered.   If and when I jump to MS20 I would not hesitate to pay for this program again!

Thank you Dave!

-mark

• Like 2

Aficionado of MSFS, X-Plane12, Aces High, Wings Over Flanders Fields

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

17 hours ago, snomhf said:

I don't understand why voice ATC is not more popular. 

What makes you think that it isn’t? There are good reasons why the initial release of MSFS doesn't have speech recognition and text to speech ATC. The first is that Asobo simply ported the FSX ATC to MSFS with little modification, probably to preclude creating another source of bugs. The second is that MS has switched to a cloud-based speech model, as opposed to the local speech engine that is built into Win 10. The latter is what is used in VOXATC and Pilot2ATC and it is being phased out by MS. Third, adding speech based ATC would probably cause a performance hit, especially if it was based on the Win 10 engine. Lastly, adding speech recognition requires that a user have a good quality microphone, else the whole exercise would provide few benefits and a lot of frustration.

No criticism for MSFS intended.  I wasn't even thinking about that.

Here's the point...

How many weather addons can you name?

How many AI Traffic addons can you name?

How many head tracking programs can you name?

etc, etc, etc!

How many voice ATC programs can you name?    ONE!

Edited by snomhf

Aficionado of MSFS, X-Plane12, Aces High, Wings Over Flanders Fields

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5