Sign in to follow this  
mrrcflying

Plans for MSFS 2020?

Didn't I name 2? 😳😴There are only 3 ATC add-ons total for FSX and P3d that are in active development. Two others continue to be used but are in essence, abandoned. That seems to be about the same number as weather add-ons. 

Hello my friends, 

I have installed FSUIPC 7 beta and I've got Pilot2atc working on!!! I just only had to set ignore avionic switch on !!!! and at the moment set weather at noa!

Excited at all! Because without p2atc my simming experiencies have not so much sense.

Cheers 

Well, launch day has arrived and no, we don't have multi-monitor support, and no, we don't have solid panel support, so now my only hope is Dave can get Simconnect to work with P2A. I have been testing MSFS for a few months and away from X-Plane. Last night I flew my first P2A flight in so many months I realized just how much I miss P2A. Dave, is there anything in the SDK to help? PLEASE get me my P2A with MSFS.

Thanks,

MrScott

On 8/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, Gumerson said:

Hello my friends, 

I have installed FSUIPC 7 beta and I've got Pilot2atc working on!!! I just only had to set ignore avionic switch on !!!! and at the moment set weather at noa!

Excited at all! Because without p2atc my simming experiencies have not so much sense.

Cheers 

Well, installed the SDK and FSUIPC7 and got it connecting, and it got the location but wouldn't track the aircraft and the frame rate was seriously hit and I have a very high-end PC.

Maybe someone can post clear instructions on how they got it working?

As it is unless the frame rate isn't drastically hit, it isn't really a functional option in MSFS 2020 yet.

Bernie

Here's how to install it.  You don't need the SDK anymore.

The stuttering is caused by MSFS SimConnect issues.  Until those get fixed, I plan on not flying it much.

• Like 2

Though I don't have plans to leap to MS20 anytime soon, it is great to know there is an upgrade path.   Without P2A, there would be no way I'd do that.

Thank you Dave for keeping this great addon relevant!

-mark

• Like 1

Aficionado of MSFS, X-Plane12, Aces High, Wings Over Flanders Fields

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Here's how to install it.  You don't need the SDK anymore.

The stuttering is caused by MSFS SimConnect issues.  Until those get fixed, I plan on not flying it much.

Dave, 

What about P2ATC reading weather metar from sim like for XP and P3D? MSFS is currently so gamish that p2atc it would be the only way to get weather data at destination. I check the option wx from sim, but currently can't read it, the workaround is NOA.

Regards

Thanks for posting the install notes, I did not move simconnect.dll into the FSUIPC folder, which is probably why Pilot2ATC wasn't tracking (scratch that, just seen it is not needed anymore now),. On further testing it seems to be FSUIPC 7 with simconnect that causes the fame rate hit (Simconnect being the culprit - see https://forum.simflight.com/topic/90203-massive-fps-drop/ ). As soon as it is activated I go from 60 to about 25 fps. Hopefully that will get resolved and pilot2atc will work fine with it. :-0

Cheers

Bernie

Edited by BernieGarrett

Yes, I also want to thank you, Dave and others, for the install notes. I created the FSUIPC folder and placed the unzipped material there. I did not move anything from XPUIPC to the new FSUIPC folder. Maybe I should have? I was able to file VFR plans and IFR plans in the MSFS2020 Cessna 172 Analog and Glass cockpits. There was an issue, though. Neither Tower, Departure nor Centers could "detect" that the transponder was transmitting the correct code though they stayed in contact with me and handed me off anyway. They kept telling me to squawk. Other than that, communication was established and automatic frequency changes worked. The screen stutter was too severe to bother completing a flight with P2A. At this point, I am too comfortable with and dependent on P2A to be driven to MSFS2020 by next generation graphics.

Usually, if ATC is not picking up that you have the correct squawk code, you can change it in the cockpit of the aircraft and it will see it.  Or, if you changed it in the cockpit, also change it on the P2A screen.  

This could be  a quirk in the SimConnect/FSUIPC7 or just the way they implemented their Transponders.  I'll give it a go and see what I find.

Thanks for the report.

Dave

What about exporting flightplans and importing them into MSFS? I don't think that can be done at present. Yes, cant wait until P2ATC is up and running in MSFS, all the best.

Yes, you can export P3D flight plans from P2A and load them into MSFS.  The flight planner in MSFS is very different and even when you load a flight plan, it seems to want to make changes to the route, based on what you have selected in the routing options.

I still have to play with it some more to see what settings allow you to import and use what you exported, but I believe it should be possible.  If anyone out there has done this successfully, please share.

Dave

On 8/28/2020 at 5:34 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Yes, you can export P3D flight plans from P2A and load them into MSFS.  The flight planner in MSFS is very different and even when you load a flight plan, it seems to want to make changes to the route, based on what you have selected in the routing options.

I still have to play with it some more to see what settings allow you to import and use what you exported, but I believe it should be possible.  If anyone out there has done this successfully, please share.

Dave

Hi Dave,

what about ATC communicating and being able to identify AI traffic in FS2020? 
I think it will make Pilot2atc the ultimate.

1 minute ago, hzyoni said:

Hi Dave,

what about ATC communicating and being able to identify AI traffic in FS2020? 
I think it will make Pilot2atc the ultimate.

I can assure you that currently detects and alert all MSFS traffic. Waiting for the simconnect fix for enjoying p2a