Sign in to follow this  
spilok

P3d in the NEXT MONTH???

Too much overthinking things still in this thread. 

When you update 5.1, uninstall p3d, reinstall p3d 5.1. Maybe clear shader cache. Takes 10 minutes.

Just make sure you’re not installing addons that change core files - if you do that, sure it might get more complicated.

Please, stick to addons that are fully compatible, don’t tweak anything and make sure your hardware is up to spec (unless you’re willing to be a test pilot, in which case do not complain when your sim stops working properly!)

These widely-circulated stories of P3D v5 having problems almost always come down to user error when you dig a bit deeper - dubious addons, tweaks, hardware that would not be able to run the sim. Of course, half the reports of v5 issues are from people who’ve never booted up the sim and are just repeating something they heard on Avsim/Reddit/wherever.

For those who like their addons (i’m in that group), use an app like simstarter to keep your xml addons controllable, and just run the addons you need. Sim crashes? Disable everything, and then slowly re-add.

If anyone says their sim crashes/stutters/etc, this is abnormal. The first thing they should tell you is which addons they have installed.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Thanks for the info, keep up the good work, much appreciated.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I'm using both P3D v5 HF2 and SimulatorNotAllowed which I'm not allowed to talk about under the NDA so I won't .

At this moment I'm enjoying P3D V5 loads.  There's A LOT of life left in the old dog yet...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

When you update 5.1, uninstall p3d, reinstall p3d 5.1. Maybe clear shader cache. Takes 10 minutes.

And copy the prepar3d.cfg and delete it so P3D makes a new one. Essential step!

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 7/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, GSalden said:

MSFS is capable of hardware integration and multi monitor views. That was announced already several months ago.

I thought multimonitor is not possible in MSFS, at least not from the start .... hast that changed?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, gb09f said:

I'm using both P3D v5 HF2 and SimulatorNotAllowed which I'm not allowed to talk about under the NDA so I won't .

At this moment I'm enjoying P3D V5 loads.  There's A LOT of life left in the old dog yet...

That’s good to (sort of) hear.

I’m very excited about that other sim, but I also think that it’s strange that so many people who’ve never seen it have decided to fully ditch P3D!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

22 hours ago, ssair1 said:

... P3D, especially LM, isn’t going away, not now or the foreseeable future. ... 

If P3D (or XP) is going away or not isn't relevant. 

The relevant point is if customers go away from the sim. And that may happen if the new sim is much better.

Will LM care? Not sure about it. LR probably will.

I think LM and LR can do much better when facing competition.

Let's see what happens.

I also have spent quite a lot of money for addons on top of P3D. But hey, I don't loose it just because of the new player appearing on stage. I will use MSFS2020 and P3D in parallel for quite some time (or even longer).

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Believe me p3d will not go away lol, Aug 18 is coming you will see for yourself what i am saying, it is amazing what social media can show you, just amazing!!!

• Like 1

Honestly, cant say much but what i can say is Xplane or p3d hasn't been launched in the last few weeks. Its a new age!

Then I suggest, wait for the new xbox and play your game lol

12 minutes ago, kurtb said:

Then I suggest, wait for the new xbox and play your game lol

Do you have a special reason for that hate?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

It is definitely not "hate"  I don't hate flight sims believe me, i luv them.

I will get the new flightsim too. but remember, what we see is not always what we get.

Must say, i am on the beta and I do luv it, but..........

10 minutes ago, kurtb said:

I will get the new flightsim too. but remember, what we see is not always what we get.

I am also on the beta and do luv it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

35 minutes ago, kurtb said:

Me too....NO(t) any single  but....

It is coming and it is a new sim........next to all the other platforms

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, kurtb said:

I have to say, for the past year we've been told endlessly in these threads on this board that *it* will be absolutely perfect - flawless! - upon release. There will be a lot of confused and disappointed people if that turns out not to be the case. 

The term schadenfreude comes to mind.

• Like 3