Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Anyone know where I can edit the add-ons list?

I have looked at all the possible prepar3d v5 locations and cannot figure out where this add-ons list saves to. My A2A c182 is installed, but there's no folder for it inside of Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder at all. So how is it picking it up if its not in there?

image.png

image.pngshare images free

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Check out Lorby's P3D Addon Manager, available for free here: https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

The file location is User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5, but be careful with edits. Using Lorby's freeware can help one avoid unintended consequences.

Edited by RudiJG1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I've looked at the files add-ons.cfg in that location already and the A2A entry isn't in there.

[Package.0]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\ActiveSkyP5
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.1]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\AICull
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.2]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\AIFlow
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.3]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\AIGround
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.4]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Flightbeam - KSFOHD
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.5]
PATH=D:\P3D Addons\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration
TITLE=AIGAIM AI Traffic
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.6]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam KDFW
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.7]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam KIAH
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.8]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam KLAX_V2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.9]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam KMEM
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.10]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam KSDF
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.11]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam LFSB
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.12]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam PHKO
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.13]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam PHLI
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.14]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam PHNL
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.15]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam PHOG
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.16]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam PHTO
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.17]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I did also, and this is what I have in the add-ons.cfg for that location. Still no A2A entries nowhere to be found. This is weird.

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=D:\P3D Addons\Orbx Library\p3dv5
TITLE=Orbx Main Library
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

The path says D:\P3D Addons\A2A  - look there

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

I did also, and this is what I have in the add-ons.cfg for that location. Still no A2A entries nowhere to be found. This is weird.

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=D:\P3D Addons\Orbx Library\p3dv5
TITLE=Orbx Main Library
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg" should be a lot bigger. For example, all ORBX packages should be in there, as they are found on the discovery path. Are you certain that you are looking at the correct file?

I just installed two A2A planes into V5 on my devel computer, using the default location. Add-on.xml is in "\Documents\Prepar3D V5 Add-ons\A2A" and the package definition naturally shows up in the \Roaming\..\add-ons.cfg.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Try documents Prepar3D v5 Files.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

7 hours ago, vgbaron said:

The path says D:\P3D Addons\A2A  - look there

Vic

I think you misunderstood my question. My question is how does P3D know where to pull the add-on.xml file from for my A2A? The A2A entry is nowhere to be found in any of those locations. I've checked both add-ons.cfg file to see if the entry would be in there, but nope.

P3D should store somewhere the location of the 'add-on.xml' file for my A2A plane which is located in D:\P3D Addons\A2A. But how does the sim know it's location when the entries that point to that specific xml file isn't to be found anywhere?

Edited by captain420

Hi Aaron,

Let me see if I can simplify Oliver's response. Don't know where you installed the A2A aircraft. By their default, A2A install their aircraft in something like:
C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A
(where xxxx is your name)

In that folder, you will see the add-on.xml file as well as a SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182 folder.

Of course, it could be somewhere else.😕

[By the way. The " C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" is a P3D default autodiscovery folder.]

Hope this helps,
Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I think you misunderstood my question. My question is how does P3D know where to pull the add-on.xml file from for my A2A? The A2A entry is nowhere to be found in any of those locations. I've checked both add-ons.cfg file to see if the entry would be in there, but nope.

P3D should store somewhere the location of the 'add-on.xml' file for my A2A plane which is located in D:\P3D Addons\A2A. But how does the sim know it's location when the entries that point to that specific xml file isn't to be found anywhere?

Did you try doing a system wide search for add-ons.cfg to locate all such files on your computer?

Al

1 hour ago, MM said:

Hi Aaron,

Let me see if I can simplify Oliver's response. Don't know where you installed the A2A aircraft. By their default, A2A install their aircraft in something like:
C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A
(where xxxx is your name)

In that folder, you will see the add-on.xml file as well as a SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182 folder.

Of course, it could be somewhere else.😕

[By the way. The " C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" is a P3D default autodiscovery folder.]

Hope this helps,
Mike

I installed mine into D:\P3D Addons\A2A

This is the folder I specifically created to centralize all my add-ons for Prepar3D. The add-on.xml file resides here. But what I'm wondering is how does the sim know where to find this add-on? Because I also installed FSLabs A320 into D:\P3D Addons\FSLabs and there's an add-on.xml file there for it as well. However when I launch the sim. It doesn't detect the FSLabs plane in the list, but my A2A plane shows up fine. 

Both planes are installed the exact same way. So how come P3D is able to recognize and detect my A2A plane but not the FSLabs? For those of you installed FSLabs to a non-default location, could you please tell me if you have an FSLabs folder located inside the default Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons? Because I don.t

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

... an FSLabs folder located inside the default Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons? Because I don.t

... and you shouldn't.

The A320-X installer should have placed an entry looking like this:

[Package.X]
Path=D:\P3D AddOns\FSLabs
Title=FSLabs Aircraft Family
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

into the add-ons.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5, but apparently didn't. Did you run the installer with admin priveleges and re-boot when prompted during the process?

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Thank you so much! There was something wrong with my add-ons.cfg file and I had a backup and now it works!