Sign in to follow this  
snpower

GNS530W: New install; pop-up window only - no panel

I've just purchased the GNS530W for Xplane to compliment the GTN 650/750 I used in P3D. The plugin appears to have installed correctly; the pop up windows loads but my panel still shows the default Xplane 11 GNS530. I have tried both the Milviz C310 and JustFlight's Piper PA28T Arrow.

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

Hi,

IIRC, when loading these aircraft you're presented the default GPS and this is expected. You then select the RXP GPS from the RXP plugin menu and the aircraft should automatically change the panel live, in-sim, adapting it to the RXP GPS you've selected.

NB: I've just cross checked my local copy of the PA28T Arrow and it includes configuration only for the GTN.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

It’s not doing anything but loading the pop up window, which works fine. The plugin menu is there with all the options.

Could it be neither aircraft has a compatible configuration file? I’m much more well versed with P3D than XPlane.

I just checked Milviz’s site. Only

supports the GTN.

I screwed up with this purchase. Is there any chance I could swap into a GNS530 license for P3D?

It is not lost at all though and might prove quite easy to custom fit the GNS 430 yourself.

Please allow me to link you to the following discussion where there are plenty of mods for a number of aircraft:

You might want to also read the tutorial included in the product documentation, and here:

How about starting with this and give it a chance first?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I got the Arrow to work - someone already posted a mod. I will have to reach out for the 310; I can't get it to work. This is my fault, for assuming the aircraft would take the older navigator.

• Like 1

Please don't consider it a fault, rather, an opportunity to take a new path where you can learn something new and rewarding too: modding aircraft!

Edited by RXP

I need to learn to make sure what I buy will work with what I have 😞 

Edited by snpower