Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Joystick and keyboard assignments

Hi

Could anyone please tell me if MSFS will be able to emulate Joystick and keyboard assignments, ie press a joystick/keyboard button and a certain view comes up or say, retract gear etc?

Many thanks in advance.

I'd rather like to know if the current keyboard shortcuts actually have anything to do with what we were used from FSX or so (can't comment on P3D). Haven't simmed in years but those commands have been kept in muscle memory for sure.

• Like 1

Hello world! This is my first post on this amazing forum!

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but really I hope we will have many specific camera options in the sim. What I mean is something similar to EZ Dock cameras from FSX. So when you press a specific key it can take you to your custom view. Like overhead panel, FMS, left/right views from the cockpit, wing view, etc.

Also a walk-around feature with optional flashlight would be so nice! Especially with the new graphics and realism, it would be great to walk outside/inside the plane before you sit down to fly it. Another serious and cool thing would be to have a basic car to drive around just to appreciate the scenery. I know I'll spend some time just looking at it all and listening to the ambient sounds!

Other than the EZ Dock camera, what else do you all use for example, to look at the overhead panel and click the right buttons (even in FSX/P3D/X-plane)? I don't think a hat switch is a great solution in my opinion.

#MacSimmer

Edited by MacSimmer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MacSimmer said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but really I hope we will have many specific camera options in the sim. 

Welcome to Avsim.

Since you’re a question has been asked and answered, I merged your post to the existing one on the same topic.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator