Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Install Taxi2Gate VHHH via add-on.xml method

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

This seems like a good way to handle the situation! Could you tell me how you created the fake P3D installation? Do you just create folders or did you have to do anything additional such as adding stuff to the Window's registry as well?

Actually, I just used the normal installer(s) and then cleaned out most directories, to make it easier to see what happens.  As I said, I have not registered the installation, so there are some entries missing in the Window's registry, which makes some (few) installers baulk.

To your other question:

Yes it is the the T2G scenery (file date 30-05-2020), just disregard the entry for Hongkong and Shenzen, that is a photoscenery for the area, by Realworld Scenery (RWS).

• Like 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

18 hours ago, captain420 said:

Thanks, the thing with Taxi2Gate VHHH is that it includes 2 sceneries within 1 if that makes any sense. For example Inside the Taxi2gate main VHHH scenery folder there are 2 sceneries. One is for the airport itself, and the other is the terrain. Not sure how I would write the add-on.xml in this specific scenario.

image.png

All you had to do is add that Taxi2gate folder with all those sub folders and XML to P3d v5 addons folder in documents,

And it should Work??

mike