Sign in to follow this  
sidler

Prepar3D v5 Y key

I use the Y key to relocate the aircraft on the ramp.  I press the Y key and  press the left, right, forward and backward key's.  It works fine in v4.5 but not in v 5.2.

Is there a different key for v5.2?

Thanks

1 hour ago, sidler said:

Nope. Same old Y key as always.

Check Your control assignments. First try a reset to defaults, then If you have joysticks or Yoke and even Pedals, make sure to remove their assignments for slew.

1 hour ago, sidler said:

I use the Y key to relocate the aircraft on the ramp.  I press the Y key and  press the left, right, forward and backward key's.  It works fine in v4.5 but not in v 5.2.

Thanks

Under Controls select Slew from the upper drop down menu. Then check what keys you have for Slew foreward, backward etc...

Edited by GEKtheReaper
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Under Controls select Slew from the upper drop down menu. Then check what keys you have for Slew foreward, backward etc...

Yeah, what gek says. You don;t need to reset anything, just go into controls and set up slew however you want it to work - buttons can be set, keys can be set and axes as well.

v5 saves control settings pretty well (unlike fsx/earlier p3d), but best to export your controls (to save them) whenever you change things, so you can easily re-import them if your settings are lost for any reason.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Thanks for the help guy's  

Nothing worked!  V4.5 works just fine. I will try uninstalling V5+ and reinstalling and see what happens.

Thanks again

Dick