Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Is it Real

2 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Hi Guys I am thinking its real sun light piercing thru not a fake representation as Mark has shown 

Great job Mark but I think that was a trick to get that effect - not light actually flowing into cockpit - hey maybe the screen I posted was not fact also - time will tell

I think theres going to be some goodies they have not let out of the bag yet 🙂

Well my shot above is definitely real - no photoshop or effects; that's taken straight from my sim (FSX SE with DX10 Fixer) from Keystroke 'V'.

I think what makes the MSFS one look so great is the depth of field flattened  - as is the trend these days - and I dare say - a little bit of Post-Production by some well paid graphic artists at MS.

I'll have another go in the morning at getting the shot aligned with the MSFS one and then I'll have a go in Photoshop. And I'll post a before and after processing...

(Aircraft BTW is the C-47 by Manfred Mahn)

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

I realize your shot is real but I believe its not rue 3d light coming in - the 3d engine didnt have that tech - the new FS 2020 may have actual 3d light flowing into cockpit - just a thought could be way wrong 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

23 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I realize your shot is real but I believe its not rue 3d light coming in - the 3d engine didnt have that tech - the new FS 2020 may have actual 3d light flowing into cockpit - just a thought could be way wrong 

I think you're right Richard. The light is being transmitted in a different way in terms of graphics engine.

People chat about these things and my eyes glaze over as I'm out of my depth technically.

But my eyes see what they see. It does look absolutely wonderful, doesn't it?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Well my shot above is definitely real - no photoshop or effects; that's taken straight from my sim (FSX SE with DX10 Fixer) from Keystroke 'V'.

I think what makes the MSFS one look so great is the depth of field flattened  - as is the trend these days - and I dare say - a little bit of Post-Production by some well paid graphic artists at MS.

I'll have another go in the morning at getting the shot aligned with the MSFS one and then I'll have a go in Photoshop. And I'll post a before and after processing...

(Aircraft BTW is the C-47 by Manfred Mahn)

Been checking out some leaked videos not seeing what I was thinking so prob not different than previous sims - oh well

Rich Sennett

Lol caught between posts - well see Buddy now I am really confused 🙂

Rich Sennett

Just saw leaked video of aircraft at parking spot and raining and dreary it will blow your mind - WOW

Cant post screenshot would assume thats not allowed

Holy you know what lol  - the rain drops are bouncing off the ground now I can tell you thats never been done before

Oh and the grass is moving with the wind

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 2

Rich Sennett

Yep - Cross-posts!.

I don't think the light is being transmitted in the new sim like it was in P3D and FSX. Maybe that's what Asobo has brought in to this.

I'm so out of my depth talking about graphics I couldn't begin to tell you. "I know nooothingg,"

I just know it looks good. Let's go flying!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Just saw leaked video of aircraft at parking spot and raining and dreary it will blow your mind - WOW

Cant post screenshot would assume thats not allowed

If you've been out of the picture for a bit, which it seems you have then you, like me - we'll be blown away by this...we'll be forgetting flap retraction on Takeoff - because we'll be too busy staring out the window while the V speeds drop.

Fly safe everyone and remember your six pack scans. Get up to 1500' AGL and THEN you can start taking selfies, AFTER you've done the After Takeoff Checklist of course. 😉

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

...and remember your six pack scans. ...

I've scanned the fridge... and I:tongue: need some more Guinness.. 

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

54 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

I've scanned the fridge... and I:tongue: need some more Guinness.. 

Packs - OPEN. 

Checked. 🍻

SHUTDOWN Procedure; - COMPLETED.

Batteries/ GPU OFF/ DOORS CLOSED; - Off/ On/ Closed.

Night all. 😉

Forum Presence; - OFF and Confirmed Disconnected.

. . .  

• Like 1

I haven't read where anyone has noticed that in one of the latest official videos that the ramper walking across the wet tarmac was causing ripples in the water... 

...now that is attention to detail! 😌

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Incredible realism even with the trees close up.  I just saw a video today on wccftech that was leaked of a GA. With the proper settings this MSFS2020 really does shine.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, n4gix said:

I haven't read where anyone has noticed that in one of the latest official videos that the ramper walking across the wet tarmac was causing ripples in the water... 

...now that is attention to detail! 😌

Say no more, I'm going to go find that 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JWxTreme said:

Incredible realism even with the trees close up.  I just saw a video today on wccftech that was leaked of a GA. With the proper settings this MSFS2020 really does shine.

Nice good to hear

Rich Sennett