Sign in to follow this  
sab12

Has anyone tried Aerosoft Twin Otter in P3Dv5 HF2?

I have the Aerosoft Twin Otter working in P3Dv4.5 HF2 but am trying to shift to v5 HF2. Has anyone gotten the Twotter working in v5 HF2? If so, what if anything did you have to do after installing it into v5 (v4 installer not set up to do install to Add-Ons folder which is what I would prefer).

Thanks,

Stephen

All I did to run it was point the installer to v5, I've only run it once since install quite a few weeks ago, but do not remember any anomalies. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Great! Thanks for your responses.

Stephen

11 hours ago, sab12 said:

I have the Aerosoft Twin Otter working in P3Dv4.5 HF2 but am trying to shift to v5 HF2. Has anyone gotten the Twotter working in v5 HF2? If so, what if anything did you have to do after installing it into v5 (v4 installer not set up to do install to Add-Ons folder which is what I would prefer).

Thanks,

Stephen

Works perfect here 

Francisco Aguiar

1 hour ago, aguiar said:

Works perfect here 

Does it taxi better than in v4?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

11 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Does it taxi better than in v4?

Mark, the taxi is MUCH better. I would go as far as saying it’s fixed. Perhaps not perfect, but it is so much easier to taxi. It still takes 25-30 torque pressure to get “unstuck”, but once it gets rolling a setting of 5-10 keeps it steady without accelerating uncontrollably. Chopping the power doesn’t cause an abrupt stop. The airplane keeps on rolling for a good distance. Its a real treat now. 
One “slight” problem is the lighting. At night the landing lights completely illuminate the cockpit, as if it were day. The taxi light works fine though. 
the instrument glass reflection is overcooked, but bearable. I use the VC windowglass texture fix anyway, and that fixes that. Night lighting in the cockpit is very nice. 
You do have to point the installer to the v5 folder but it installs without issues. 

3 hours ago, MattS said:

Mark, the taxi is MUCH better. I would go as far as saying it’s fixed

Thanks, good to know. I'm not so bothered about the other things as I don't use the virtual cockpit.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I am now installed and operating in P3Dv5 HF2. Thanks to those who replied to my post.

Specific question for MattS. I tried to find the VC windowglass texture fix on the Aerosoft site and the link in the post I found there no longer works. Where did you find it?

Thanks.

Stephen

17 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Thanks, good to know. I'm not so bothered about the other things as I don't use the virtual cockpit.

Looks like I spoke too soon. It’s back to taxiing like a pig. Scratching my head on this one. 

4 hours ago, sab12 said:

I am now installed and operating in P3Dv5 HF2. Thanks to those who replied to my post.

Specific question for MattS. I tried to find the VC windowglass texture fix on the Aerosoft site and the link in the post I found there no longer works. Where did you find it?

Thanks.

Stephen

I downloaded it from there a while back. Make sure you are signed in. It’s still available. 

Edited by MattS

Hi Matt,

Got it after I signed in.

Thanks again,

Stephen

I experienced the twotter dropping to extremely low fsp, for me 1 or 2...  
On the picture I am at Ganges water aerodrome by ORBX .. 

When I read that the twotter for p3d v4 works fine, I wonder if someone have a suggestion to achieve the same good performance?
I have a lot going on
Envdir

Active sky P3d v5

Pro-ATC/x

GTN750

Honeycomb throttle

track ir. 

All the best

Jens

15.jpg

Edited by Julean

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

1 hour ago, Julean said:

I experienced the twotter dropping to extremely low fsp, for me 1 or 2...  
On the picture I am at Ganges water aerodrome by ORBX .. 

When I read that the twotter for p3d v4 works fine, I wonder if someone have a suggestion to achieve the same good performance?
I have a lot going on
Envdir

Active sky P3d v5

Pro-ATC/x

GTN750

Honeycomb throttle

track ir. 

All the best

Jens

15.jpg

Jens,

While I haven't run the floats version of the Twotter, I have no issues with the AS Twin Otter in that area. I also have Ganges installed.

I am wondering though, if you also have Don Grovestine's freeware CYYJ installed? I had a lot of issues getting that scenery to work in V5...when I did get it to work, I had very poor performance (fps) in a 20-30 nm radius of the airport (within range of Ganges). Removing that scenery and the poor performance issues cleared up for me.

Disappointing that the CYYJ scenery would no longer work after so many years/flight sim versions.

Rob

Hi Rob

Thank you for your answer..

On 5/7/2021 at 12:13 AM, rmeier said:

Jens,

While I haven't run the floats version of the Twotter, I have no issues with the AS Twin Otter in that area. I also have Ganges installed.

I am wondering though, if you also have Don Grovestine's freeware CYYJ installed? I had a lot of issues getting that scenery to work in V5...when I did get it to work, I had very poor performance (fps) in a 20-30 nm radius of the airport (within range of Ganges). Removing that scenery and the poor performance issues cleared up for me.

Disappointing that the CYYJ scenery would no longer work after so many years/flight sim versions.

Rob

No I don't have that scenery installed, I will try a wheel version...

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark