Guys,

Im reading a lot of information about FS2020 and I really am cautious about the specs that are needed for the new sim. I still dont know what to do.

When Im going for a new system I also am going to add a new monitor. Last Friday there was a very good deal (a site with deals that last 24 hours) and I almost bought a monitor. 

I now want to buy a larger monitor anyhow. If FS2020 is going to require a NASA-system I will wait. 

The questions that now lives with me is the following one: is a monitor with specs like these compatible with FS9? It is a 

- 100 Hz refresh rate

- 34", 3440 x 1440 HDR scherm

I hope you guys can help me out. 

I've been using a modern large smart color Panasonic TV as monitor (60 frames/sec) for the last six months or so, with a HDMI connection to my graphics card. Works great and i'm very happy with this setup, especially because as far as colors, sounds, etc. are concerned, the TV itself has quite some extra possibilities above those of my graphics card and default sound system. Moreover, you can also use such a smart TV to switch over, e.g, to YouTube movies via your WIFI system.

It could be worth your trouble to look into this yourself because FS2020 certainly seems to deserve enhanced colors and a larger screen than a more simple and far smaller monitor. However, the minimum FS2020 PC hardware requirements remain of paramount importance as far as processor/graphics card speeds, etc, are concerned.

Good luck and regards

Hans

I have moved you into the appropriate forum for hardware discussion.  Your post had nothing to do with FS2004.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, hjwalter said:

I've been using a modern large smart color Panasonic TV as monitor (60 frames/sec) for the last six months or so, with a HDMI connection to my graphics card. Works great and i'm very happy with this setup, especially because as far as colors, sounds, etc. are concerned, the TV itself has quite some extra possibilities above those of my graphics card and default sound system. Moreover, you can also use such a smart TV to switch over, e.g, to YouTube movies via your WIFI system.

It could be worth your trouble to look into this yourself because FS2020 certainly seems to deserve enhanced colors and a larger screen than a more simple and far smaller monitor. However, the minimum FS2020 PC hardware requirements remain of paramount importance as far as processor/graphics card speeds, etc, are concerned.

Good luck and regards

Hans

Thanks!

can fs9 handle a wide screen like that? Or is everything going to be too stretched?