Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Milviz didn’t say much either :)

I hope we’ll get better news than from A2A, hey @Milviz @n4gix ? It looks like A2A drops the ball, time to jump on it 😃 ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I don't see as making a public announcement at this stage really benefits addon devs, it just impacts sales of existing products. Not announcing now doesn't mean you can't develop for MFS20 in the future; All these devs going to end up on MFS20 because that's where the customers are going to be. And there's unlikely to be any complex addon aircraft for MFS20 for many months.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Just now, ckyliu said:

I don't see as making a public announcement at this stage really benefits addon devs, it just impacts sales of existing products. Not announcing now doesn't mean you can't develop for MFS20 in the future, aAll these devs going to end up on MFS20 because that's where the customers are going to be. And there's unlikely to be any complex addon aircraft for MFS20 for many months.

A market lives and prospers on the expectations of the consumers. The FS20 team has understood that much, don't you think ? Orbx too. Very smart announcement did the new CEO. She doesn't say much but enough to keep the flame alight. Honest Scott rains on the parade. Milviz is A2A main competitor for a customer like me. I do not want to be in a market where the only choices would be between default aircraft (too many so-so feedbacks) and Carenado. I am an elitist 😇 😂. Time to Milviz to move. 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Expectations that can't be met for ages. The smart money says you keep quiet for now and let the dust settle after release unless you're offering an upgrade path from existing products. Building expectations to let people down or leave them waiting a long time is not good for business.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

16 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Expectations that can't be met for ages. The smart money says you keep quiet for now and let the dust settle after release unless you're offering an upgrade path from existing products. Building expectations to let people down or leave them waiting a long time is not good for business.

Yes Milviz should know that now. An upgrade path for existing products would be the right ticket,  I am not excessive in my requests 😉...

Dominique

Speaking of Milviz, I sure wish they would upgrade my Otter to V5. They did say there  would be a fee for the new installer. Not sure I will pay it. Wrong forum to reference V5 so apologies for that but I don't think much of their upgrade fee when other top developers have upgraded their products from V4.5 to V5 as a service to their customers. This includes PMDG and A2A.

Vic green

3 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Speaking of Milviz, I sure wish they would upgrade my Otter to V5. They did say there  would be a fee for the new installer. Not sure I will pay it. Wrong forum to reference V5 so apologies for that but I don't think much of their upgrade fee when other top developers have upgraded their products from V4.5 to V5 as a service to their customers. This includes PMDG and A2A.

Patco my friend, lets try not to have here an umpteenth thread trashing Milviz pricing like the thread which was just closed thrashing PMDG pricing (Thank you Bill). This is not the topic.  Do we want an Otter for FS20 ? Yes. Are we ready to pay for it ? I am. 

Dominique

4 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Patco my friend, lets try not to have here an umpteenth thread trashing Milviz pricing like the thread which was just closed thrashing PMDG pricing (Thank you Bill). This is not the topic.  Do we want an Otter for FS20 ? Yes. Are we ready to pay for it ? I am. 

Sorry amigo. The only thread I saw ref Milviz pricing was on their web site. Must have missed the others.

Vic green

From all that I have read, the internal workings of MSFS are very different from P3D/FSX. I would expect that a significant effort will be required to convert addons from FSX/P3D do MSFS. Hence, I think that many developers will ask us to repurchase their products, or will offer a modest discount for existing customers. I am fine with that as long as the work they invest justifies the policy. 

Peter

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I hope we’ll get better news than from A2A, hey @Milviz @n4gix ? It looks like A2A drops the ball, time to jump on it 😃 ! 

What are you talking about?

Luke Pype

6 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

What are you talking about?

What he's talking about is that A2A has been reticent about committing to MSFS, so he's asking Milviz what their plans might be, and n4gix does work for Milviz.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

What about that good ATR that was under development by the MilViz team?. Crashed before take-off? 😄. Anyone knows if MilViz continues with the project or has said something recently about it?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It will be interesting to see what the upgrade policies will look like from the various vendors.  Just based on what it out there publicly it sounds like aircraft are quite different then FSX/p3d so I’d say we all should get ready for upgrade costs and (maybe in some cases) even entire new purchases?  This sounds like a much much bigger leap than say P3Dv4 to v5, or even the 64-bit jump from v3 to v4.

Pure speculation on my part though.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I would be surprised if they say anything prior to final SDK and release. 

Why risk saying that you can do something before all of the fact are known and your team has had a chance to look at what it will take to convert the code to the new environment. 

Scenery and things that connect through simconnect are easier so no wonder these developers have been quick to confirm support. 

I bunch of custom coded C++ .dll files will most likely take a lot more effort. 

I am sure once they are ready they will make a formal statement.

• Upvote 1