Sign in to follow this  
SimonC

Keeping track of airport addons

Hello,

do you have a way of keeping track where you have your airport addons installed? Like an interactive map?

Some people use the Google map facility where you can make a "My maps"

You can manually add airports and do it that way

Edited by Steve_Ellis

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I'm using Google Earth to pin all my airport add-ons. I am also using GE and Tiny Flight Viewer to record my routes I have flown. The latter also comes with a Tracker function as well that records various flight parameters vai FSUIPC.

https://www.aero.sors.fr/GE.html

Regards

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Little Navmap can select to show add-on airports only

You guys are too clever for me.  I simply use a text file and keep track, this allows allows me to track developer and version and if the AF file has been modified by me.  My list is about 160 items, most payware, some Orbx airports included with regions that i've 'spiced' up and a few AF files only.

Dan Downs KCRP

Lorby-Si’s invaluable AddonOrganizer includes a facility to export your addon airport list in a KML file which can be imported into Google Earth or Google Maps. It then not only shows them on the map but gives ICAO IDs and the path to where each resides on your system!

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Excel spreadsheet and Google Map.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Lorby-Si’s invaluable AddonOrganizer includes a facility to export your addon airport list in a KML file which can be imported into Google Earth or Google Maps. It then not only shows them on the map but gives ICAO IDs and the path to where each resides on your system!

Pete

Thanks, that would actually be very cool, if it worked - Google Earth Pro is terrible program, you can't get any slower, Google Maps, how?? If I uninstall GEP, then pushing the button does nothing... Would be nice if the button would call a browser google earth and import there...

Edited by SimonC

Simstarter will export a KML tp Google Earth.

Petraeus

Mine is a low tech solution: Excel spreadsheet that has the addon, when and where purchased along with the sn/key.

Richard

• Like 1

I have been using a KMZ that has been around for quite a while (http://www.partow.net/miscellaneous/airportdatabase/). It includes most of the airports in the world. When I install a addon, I turn on that airport in GE. It has worked well for me for several years.

I like the Addon Manager solution and the one that comes with Simstarter. I wish, however, I could have better control of the text in the label. I really only want the airport code, and not the airport name. With the name enabled, it creates a map that is too cluttered if you include the ORBX free stuff.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

20 hours ago, SimonC said:

Thanks, that would actually be very cool, if it worked - Google Earth Pro is terrible program, you can't get any slower, Google Maps, how?? If I uninstall GEP, then pushing the button does nothing... Would be nice if the button would call a browser google earth and import there...

Google Earth Pro is terrible program, you can't get any slower

Really, news to me.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.